Lazerlinz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Does anyone know if he is back up and running?? Also does anyone have any extra tubes sets for the Desire, Raven, or Eagle pen kits?? He has been sold out forever. Thanks.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I think we are all getting his ads. I have his cell. A few years ago, he said that was the best way to reach him. PM me for it...that may help.

jcm71

He is back up and running. Has limited inventory on his pen kits. FPs out of stock but still has RBs and BPs.

southernclay

He has completed his shop building. I don't know if he has all of his machines back up and running but I would assume he will soon if not.

jttheclockman

I remember that link and that is what brought me to ask.

I am going to say something and I have been turning pens now for on and off for about 12 years. Last week was the first time I used dedicated turned bushings matched for a set so that you can turn between centers. It was on a desire kit from Lazerlinz and have to say without question his bushings are spot on and true. Not a hint of chatter or out of round or any of those things you get with a mandrel. I always turn one blank at a time anyway even with a mandrel to take out those little possibilities. I at one time ordered a bunch from a person here and sorry but forgot who exactly but have never gotten the chance to use them and now I will search for those and be sure to use them whenever I can. What a difference. Just making a point. you can do this hobby for many years but there is always much to learn.

A simple round piece of material so thin can cause so many problems and yet when done so satisfying. Go figure.

Curly

If all you need are tubes you could buy stock 10" sizes from.....PSI...... everyones favourite supplier and cut your own. Actually Marla might have some tubes for some of those kits. I'll ask her, if I remember, when she gets up to go to work tonight.

There are some pen kit suppliers that sell TBC bushings as the normal bushing for their pens.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

If all you need are tubes you could buy stock 10" sizes from.....PSI...... everyones favourite supplier and cut your own. Actually Marla might have some tubes for some of those kits. I'll ask her, if I remember, when she gets up to go to work tonight.

There are some pen kit suppliers that sell TBC bushings as the normal bushing for their pens.

I think I have one kit left so I better measure them to see if they are actually available. I have many 10" tubes but not sure what sizes needed and what sizes I have. Will look into this.

rsieracki

hmm.. that code didnt work for me. this is the shopify page he has right? maybe because the items i purchased had some sort of discount already? i purchased some of the LIBERTY kits for $15 and some bushings

jttheclockman

I believe Pete is correct with the answer they are probably standard tubes. The lower tube which is the one I really need measure 10.17mm so I am guess that is a 10mm tube and I have those. The upper tube measures 12.20mm and I am guessing that is a 12mm tube and found out it is the same size as the majestic so I have plenty of those. Back in business. thanks Pete.

TurnKC

I got the message as well and am looking forward to picking up a few more inlay kits. I've been waiting to get a pen kit though for he has been sold out forever and I've never had the chance. But I have a question for those of you that have turned some of his kits, what is the difference between the different pens? Eagle, Raven, Desire? They all look exactly the same and the descriptions don't seem to give a good idea about the differences either? Thanks for any help explaining!

jttheclockman

I got the message as well and am looking forward to picking up a few more inlay kits. I've been waiting to get a pen kit though for he has been sold out forever and I've never had the chance. But I have a question for those of you that have turned some of his kits, what is the difference between the different pens? Eagle, Raven, Desire? They all look exactly the same and the descriptions don't seem to give a good idea about the differences either? Thanks for any help explaining!

I do not know the difference but I have a a couple desire pens that I must have bought when he had a sale. My kit is simple design and clean. I believe the difference is the cap portion has different designs. I think the eagle had an eagle on it. Mine is plain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom