Mini Review Lazerlinez Coyote

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I got a Lazerlinez Coyote to look at today and I want to pass on a couple of observations. I have not turned or assembled one yet.

It is a nice kit well made with Constants usual fine fit ant finish and looks to me like it will be pretty easy to put together.

There is one caution. This kit has 3/8th tubes but - don't think you can grab off the wall 3/8 tubing and cut your own ... these tubes have thicker sidewalls than any I've ever seen so the ID is quite a bit smaller, hence the pressed in hardward is smaller than say the polaris or any other 3/8th tube I've run into.
The above observation isn't a critism just make sure you get any spare tubes from or check with Constant about that tube id before you buy elsewhere and tube up a bunch of blanks.

Dan Masshardt

Made one today myself. It is a really slender pen.

I really like that aspect about it. I'm still not sure about the clip - it seems almost too big for the kit. And I like but am not in love with the plain finial.

Overall nice to have another option in the stainless lineup.

SteveG

Made one today myself. It is a really slender pen.

I really like that aspect about it. I'm still not sure about the clip - it seems almost too big for the kit. And I like but am not in love with the plain finial.

Overall nice to have another option in the stainless lineup.

Dan, when viewing your pics in your post showing the Coyote, that was my first and quite strong reaction: the clip just looks too long when taking in the whole pen, which is compact in style. It may be enough of a design issue to warrant a redesign on that one part. The pen overall seems to be a winner. I have some coming, but have not examined the pen/components personally. This is observation base only on viewing your photos. This pen fills a niche that needed filling and I am glad to see it.

Top Bottom