Laughter the best medicine . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Whoever said "Laughter is the best medicine" . . . had not had open heart surgery! 🤣

Our middle daughter is helping out through this weekend. She is just naturally funny, especially when she is not trying to be! It sure hurts to laugh, but it does warm the heart! So glad she is here helping LOML.

OK Guys, a few of you alluded to the heart jokes. Let's have them. 😁 or any other good "hearted" jokes. 😂

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK, I'll bite... (Not original, a Google search, so fire me! 🤣 )

1. Why did the heart surgeon get an award? Because he had the most heartwarming performances!
  2. What do heart surgeons do on their days off? They have heart-to-heart conversations!
  3. Why did the heart surgeon break up with the cardiologist? He said she had too much heartache in her life.
  4. What's a heart surgeon's favorite type of music? Cardio-beat!
  5. Why did the heart surgeon bring a ladder to the operating room? Because he wanted to check the heart from every angle!
  6. What did one heart say to the other during surgery? "Don't worry, we'll get through this together!"
  7. Why do heart surgeons make great DJs? They know how to keep the beats going!
  8. What did the heart surgeon say after a successful surgery? "I've left a little piece of my heart in there."
  9. Why was the heart surgeon always calm under pressure? Because they had a lot of heart!
  10. What's a heart surgeon's favorite game? Operation!
  11. How do heart surgeons stay in shape? They cardio-vascular exercise!
  12. Why was the heart surgeon always happy at work? Because they had a "heart" of gold!
  13. Why did the heart surgeon bring a pencil to the surgery? In case they needed to draw a heart!
  14. What's a heart surgeon's favorite movie? "The Heartbreak Kid"!
  15. Why did the heart surgeon bring a computer to the surgery? To keep track of all the heartbeats!
  16. Why don't heart surgeons ever get lost? Because they always follow their heart!
  17. Why did the heart surgeon become a gardener? Because they wanted to work with "heart-ichokes"!
  18. What do you call a heart surgeon's favorite song? A "beat" hit!
  19. Why did the heart surgeon become a chef? Because they wanted to "heartily" enjoy their work!
  20. What did the heart surgeon say to the patient who was afraid of the surgery? "Don't worry, we'll make it a 'heart'y procedure!"
  21. Why did the heart surgeon bring a map to the operating room? In case they needed to find their way to the heart!

TonyL

I agree. Although it is very hard to joke about anything today. I was raised in an German, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Polish neighborhood. We all joked with each other about each other - about things you can never say today. I remember those jokes over for over 50 years. No one ever got offended. Many of us are still friends today. Many of the professional comedians today, say comedy is dead. I hope it is not.

Woodchipper

Tony L., I recall our group in the cafeteria getting laughs between two friends, one Italian and the other Irish. I was given a library of ethnic jokes. However, having lived in Queens, NY, high school in Brooklyn, NY and tiny rural communities in TN and KY, there is a hint of truth in them. Remember Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes?
Many years ago, a public TV station had a show about Jewish humor. It was hilarious! It focused on the Catskill lodges and community. Many comedians who became noted later got their start there. One part that caught my eye was a photo of a downtown area...a kosher Chinese restaurant. Remember Dirty Dancing?
BTW, Tony and I discovered we lived a couple of blocks away.
Shalom, y'all.

TonyL

Tony L., I recall our group in the cafeteria getting laughs between two friends, one Italian and the other Irish. I was given a library of ethnic jokes. However, having lived in Queens, NY, high school in Brooklyn, NY and tiny rural communities in TN and KY, there is a hint of truth in them. Remember Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes?
Many years ago, a public TV station had a show about Jewish humor. It was hilarious! It focused on the Catskill lodges and community. Many comedians who became noted later got their start there. One part that caught my eye was a photo of a downtown area...a kosher Chinese restaurant. Remember Dirty Dancing?
BTW, Tony and I discovered we lived a couple of blocks away.
Shalom, y'all.
Yep. same place. Middle Village. I attended and was married in Our Lady of Hope elementary school, the Archbishop Molloy HS in Jamaica, Queens. Also visited the Catskills (including the game farm). Later Fordham U in the Bronx. Good memories of simpler, less politically correct times. Somehow there was more peace and less division in the US back then. Now people are afraid to talk to each other or have to worry about what pronoun to use.

Top Bottom