Lathe GLOAT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

armyturner

I got a new toy today. I know that it is not the best lathe on the market, but I think I got a good deal. This is my first full size lathe. I purchased it at an estate auction today for $200 even. The gentleman had bought it new, put it together, and then never mounted a single piece of wood on it. There is not as much as a scuff on the tool rests. Let me know what you think and if anyone has one of these let me know what kind of performance I can expect from it. It is a Craftsman 2hp, varible speed, 38" between centers, 15" inboard, 20" outboard, and included the stand as well. The pic is not the best as it was taken with my cell phone before I disassembled the lathe.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Sounds like a great deal to me. You will be the ultimate judge though [:)].

At any rate, I am sure you will enjoy it and if you get tired of it...you can easily sell it and not loose much money. If you are lucky, you might even end up making some [;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I hope it serves you well.
Any indication as to how old it is? Looks like it may be a little cumbersome when you get redeployed.

melogic

Jeremy,
I have a newer version of the same lathe. I love mine and I paid about $350.00 more than you did for yours. Excellent find! Here is a picture like the one I have. I got this picture from Sears website.

2006101611141_Sears%20Lathe.jpg
<br />

L32

I Have a very Old Craftsman Full size lathe that was my Fathers and it still works perfectly. I hope you will be as pleased with yours as I am with Mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom