Lathe GLOAT (Pic added) :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Others may have noticed that I sold my lathe...NO I am not stopping from turning but rather sliding deeper this hobbies abyss.

Back a couple of weeks ago, Ben won a lathe during the SWAT meet. Unknown to most, he also own a similar machine which he used probably just a few times having moved here recently.

I had to twist his arms to let one go (well not that hard) but he sure gave me a deal only a fool will refuse. It is so sweet I cannot post it...much as I want to ;). Don't want you guys to think that he lost his mind LOL.

Anyway...I am now a proud owner of a POWERMATIC 3520B ...so more bowls will be on my future. Partly because of the lathhes capacity and because I cannot afford kits for a while. I may have to;) eat more sawdust for a while but I will sure love to go through that :D;).

Pics to follow as soon as I got it set up.

EDIT IN:
Ben came tonight and delivered the lathe...can't believe how strong he is handling the bed by himself as well as the headstock! [:0] I thought I am strong enough for my size by I cannot even budge the bed from his SUV!

Anyway, here is the pic of the lathe in my garage :D

2006101024214_P1020784b.jpg

oldsmokey

Dario, that is the same lathe I have. It is one sweet machine. I also have a Jet 1236. I used to think it was great until I used the Powematic. Now I have the buffing wheels on the Jet. The only problem is I find myself doing fewer pens and more bowls and vessels.
Enjoy that lathe.

Dario

I was heading out to hear mass when I posted so it was hush-hush.

I would like to thank Ben a ton for basically bending backwards just so I can have this lathe. He could have easily sold it for 15% more if he wanted but gave me the sweetest deal I've had in decades.

So though he won that raffle...I feel I also won with him [^].

I am sure I'll be making more shavings soon [:D] and I agree Kevin...I think my stockpile will be finally be dented a bit.

Fred, Ben also offered to move the lathe here tomorrow. I offered to assist and he insists he can do it alone [?]. Last I checked it is about 650 pounds so not sure how he will do it. Granted it can be parted into components...I imagine the bed as well as the headstock will be around 200 pounds each. In any case, I will go and help him. [;)]

Sorry for the gloat...I just can't contain myself!!! [:D][}:)][:I][^] (Yes I am still grining ear to ear)[:D]

bca1313

Dario,

You don't have to worry about loading it. It is in the truck and ready to go. If you get back early enough tonight we may be able to do it then otherwise I will see you tomorrow night.

Ben

Dario

Ben,

We are still here at Edinburg and don't know what time we will leave. It is 4 hours drive back so tonight is probably out (much as I love to).

Thanks!

Dario

Kevin,

If you ever pass by San Antonio, look me up. I'll take care of you. [;)]

Jealous? I think you have no right...your lathe is equally nice. [:D]

PenWorks

Congrats Dario ! That is one beautiful machine [:)] Turn in good health.
I think it out weights you as well by a couple of hundred pounds [:D]

Dario

Anthony,

It is more than 650 lbs and I am only 140. It outweigh me by more than 500 pounds!!! [:0]

One thing for sure...I will be more careful when using this one than the mini [:D]

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by Dario
<br />
It is more than 650 lbs and I am only 140. It outweigh me by more than 500 pounds!!! [:0]
[:D]
Dario,
allow me to lift the 'burden' from your shoulders. Send up your heavy lathe to me and I'll relieve you of your 'misery'[:D][}:)]

-Peter-

Dario

Billy,

You know you are always welcome here [:)]...besides, practice wood will not be a problem. [8D]

We also have another partner in crime now. Hope Ben will be available when you come.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just a little over kill for pens doncha think[?][?][?][:D][:D][:D]
Congrats. Wish I could find a good deal on one, but with my luck, I wouldn't have the cash.[V]

kent4Him

I don't think you will like it much.[:D] I think you should raffle it off and have the proceeds go to IAP. Since you can't afford kits right now, tickets should be $10 plus one Pen Kit.[8D]

Doghouse

Now that is what I call a lathe! Congrats!!!

You have now entered a new level of the slippery slope. Enjoy some wonderful turning, cannot wait to see the fruit bowls that can turn.

Woodnknots

That lathe was right next to my general when I went to buy a new lathe. I wanted it, but the extra $1000 was just too much. Don't get me wrong, I love my general, but that powermatic is a sweet machine!!!

Ausdan

Well done Dario... well and truly worth a gloat! That's one nice looking lathe [:p]. As much as I like seeing a nice new looking machine I hope that the next pics show plenty of sawdust with it [;)].

Dario

James,

No problem since I got the juice (power) flowing to it last night....and it is ALIVE!!! [:D] I just made a heavy duty extension cord and plugged it to my dryer's outlet. We will probably use a faceplate though since I haven't bought the replacement insert for my Talon chuck yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom