Latest work..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ligget

Ligget

Hi folks, I have not posted any of my work for a few months so here are some of my latest creations.

First up is a home dyed Box Elder Burl Sierra click with a CA finish....
DSC_1849-1.jpg

Second is a Jr Gent, home dyed Curly Maple and a CA finish....
DSC_1832-1.jpg

DSC_1840-1.jpg

Third pen is a Baron, Thuya Burl with a customer requested Enduro finish....
DSC_1810-1.jpg

DSC_1934-1.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work, any comments would be appreciated! :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Only a few months? It seems like decades since you posted a pen. Now here they are. I like the dyed colors. The polished burl looks very nice too. Thanks for posting Mark.

Buzzzz4

I honestly don't remember seeing your work before. Those are outstanding! The finishes are beautiful on all of those. Love the burl and dyed Box Elder is amazing. Nicely done!

kludge77

That pen blank is killer. Blank is awesome and finish is perfect!

when is the last time we saw a sierra on the front page?

Tadlow Turner

Stunning as always Mark.
And those pictures are just the best.
Good to see you back.

Last edited:

Ligget

Thank you all for your kind comments, each one is appreciated, I promise to post more work as it does motivate me. :):)

To answer a few questions.

The dyes that I use are Chestnut Rainbow spirit dyes, and the more you apply the deeper the colour becomes, I do not start dying my pen barrels until they are turned down to the finished diameter. Chestnut dyes.

Although I have not posted for a while I have never stopped making pens, love the hobby too much to give it up! :biggrin:

Never been to Ireland, but have heard it is beautiful and the people are very friendly just the same as us Scots.:beer::drink::good:

Fred

Mark ... Glad to have you posting your beautiful work again. These are definitely top of the line in craftsmanship and attention to detail. The pictures are detailed and in sharp focus with attention paid to reflections and light placement. Pure and simply stated this is excellent work all the way around.

Keep enjoying the 'hobby!' :biggrin:

bitshird

Beautiful Box elder burl Mark, and the maple is also very nice, The Thuya burl is outstanding. It is good to see your work again, please post more of you great work.

Top Bottom