Latest Segmented Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood128

Here are ten of my latest segmented pen blanks that I have constructed in the past few months during the virus stay at home time. They are made of wood, veneer and acrylic material. The patterns are brick, herringbone, celtic knot, square inserts , reversed spiral and two unnamed others. Comments are welcome.
P5312443.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

BEAUTIFUL blanks, Joe !!!! . You have really turned blank-making into an art !!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Lovely artistry! I am currently working with the window pane design, so your third from the left is intriguing. The multiple triangle - 5 from the left is also awesome.

Well done, and I really appreciate your creativity; much inspiration!

You do not get the credit you deserve for your segmenting skills/designs. Just my opinion.

Be well Joe!

Dieseldoc

Awesome group of work, they are all winner.
Like Mark said the one in the middle with red end cap is a sure a Stunning pen. Great work.

wood128

I made 3 blanks with the square inserts , one blank with four piece square inserts and two blanks with 9 piece square inserts. The most difficult part for me was cutting those small sticks and gluing them together maintaining squareness.

Also constructed 6 , all a little different , of scalloped blanks . The scallops are cut/glued on both ends of a square blank , then the blank is cut in half , rotated end to end and glued back together with different center configurations . I am using wood and the beautiful acrylic material , which cuts/sands easy and polishes with steelwool. One of the blanks is made with drilling two circles , turning the same size dowels
P6012444.JPG
and then gluing together.
P6012445.JPG

wood128

Lovely artistry! I am currently working with the window pane design, so your third from the left is intriguing. The multiple triangle - 5 from the left is also awesome.

Well done, and I really appreciate your creativity; much inspiration!

You do not get the credit you deserve for your segmenting skills/designs. Just my opinion.

Be well Joe!
Thanks Mark. The window pane blank has about seven layers of different colored veneer around the pane ....I think it kind of makes the pane jump out !!! Fun Fun Fun !!!!!!!!

Lmstretch

Those are awesome! You have definitely shown that with segmenting that the sky is the limit.

Do you have any videos or instructions on how to do some of these, that you would be willing to share with use beginners?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

wood128

Those are awesome! You have definitely shown that with segmenting that the sky is the limit.

Do you have any videos or instructions on how to do some of these, that you would be willing to share with use beginners?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
No , I have not made any videos on segmenting, but there are two tutorials in the IAP library that I helped write. Also, I would always answer any questions to help one get started on any of my segmented pen blank designs.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those are beautiful Joe. A lot of inspiring designs in those. 👍

It's always nice to see such diversity. Be well.

Larryreitz

Those are awesome to say the least. The artistry, skill, and patience needed to do that work is more than awesome. To me it's mind boggling!
Larry

calabrese55

I have made 1000,s of segmented glue joints but they are all in quite large bowls. I can't imagine the skill and patience one would need to replicate the pieces you make .
It is said that anything that exists can be cut in half but the smaller the pieces get the effort gets exponentially harder.
Your work is truly exceptional .......... BRAVO MAESTRO 🥇
calabrese55

KMCloonan

Amazing blanks! Thanks for sharing.

I did not notice that this thread is 3 years old - doesn't make a bit of difference. The blanks are still amazing!

Woodchipper

Awesome wouldn't describe my reaction. I'm thinking your cutting technique and tools are turning out some precise angles, etc. Tutorial video would be much appreciated by the group.

Top Bottom