Latest bowl...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Warren White

Warren White

My son bought me some highly figured Maple a while back. I just finished this bowl, which is 10" X 1 1/2". There is enough wood for this bowl and another a bit smaller.

It was quite "interesting" working with this wood; the changing grain offered quite a challenge. I took it off the lathe, put some finish on, and showed it to a friend who kindly said I could do better. He was right on. I put it back on the lathe and spent the proper amount of time working on getting it right. Some additional turning and a lot of additional sanding.

I am sure no one else has my problem of impatience.:rolleyes:

Your thoughts are always most welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Very nicely done! It is good to have a friend who can critique & encourage without criticizing.
Yes, many times, the sanding/ finishing takes longer than the turning.

Woodchipper

Beautiful grain! I tend to get impatient myself. I have always heard that if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing right. Got some pens to turn so this will be in the back of my mind, probably by itself.

Warren White

Thank you all!

I appreciated your comments.

Charlie, I am very lucky in the friendships this hobby has brought into my life. Encouragement, suggestions, positive helps in all sorts of ways; all of which mean a great deal to me. I hope I can emulate their examples.

Top Bottom