Latest bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldubia

ldubia

I decided to use up some of the multitudes of pen blanks I have laying around to make some room and to make something different. What I came up with is a bowl made of 64 3/4" blanks. I utilized various woods, acrylics, stabilized, and self made blanks in this project. I finished the project with a 5" x 2-7/8" box.

Also, anyone have an idea of what kind of wood the other two bowls are?

Comments and criticisms are welcomed.

Medium multiwood box 1.jpg Medium multiwood box 2.jpg

Unknown wood bowl 1.jpg Medium wood bowl 1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eranox

Those look amazing! If I were to take a shot at the wood, I might throw out pecan for an answer. I'm no good at that game, though. Nice work, whatever the case!

GRMiller

Great work I really enjoy seeing bowl turnings. My favorite is the one with turquiose color in the bowl. Once again awesome work.

Marko50

My guess on the bowl is apricot? Your glue up of all the blanks must have looked like a monster…beautiful outcome Larry!

JohnU

Beautiful work Larry! I really like the idea and outcome with the glued pen blank bowl and lid. It sure opens the door to tons of possibilities and patterns. The second is nice also with great natural character. Around my neck of the woods I would guess that might be mulberry but I don't know for your area. Thanks for sharing!

Old Codger

I'm with Mark on the second (thinner...) bowl as I think it's apricot too! Very pretty color and nice turning of all four projects! Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you always!

Top Bottom