Late to the (SE) game

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

Managed to finish last night what was going to be my entry for the Pretty wood contest, I reasoned that raw blank glued to the tubes wasn't gonna cut it without turning, so... here it is now :)
The wood is Honduras rosewood burl (not very burly but it still qualifies from what the vendor said), CA finish.
C&C welcome.

PWCfail-Aug19-1.jpg
PWCfail-Aug19-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Fred - I'm a HUGE fan of wherever you dig up these fantastic blanks! 👍 . Along with the one in the IAP collection, this is awesome.

However, I will also say that your skill set to do justice to the blanks is wonderful. As a basic, "blank-show-the-beauty" pen, you have a very skilled eye to display the natural beauty in your pens.

I look forward to your future turnings. Well done.

Fred Bruche

Fred - I'm a HUGE fan of wherever you dig up these fantastic blanks! 👍 . Along with the one in the IAP collection, this is awesome.

However, I will also say that your skill set to do justice to the blanks is wonderful. As a basic, "blank-show-the-beauty" pen, you have a very skilled eye to display the natural beauty in your pens.

I look forward to your future turnings. Well done.

Are you trying to make me blush Mark?? 😊
I do spend quite a bit of time looking for quirky looking wood, the online usual suspect websites. This particular blank is a rare exception (I got it already cut to size) but I usually get blocks or boards with unique features and then cut the blanks how I believe is the best. For sure it doesn't work all the time, I have a whole bunch of turned blanks that were never assembled into pens because I didn't like the final result.

Top Bottom