Late september Meeting?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brez

We are just about finished with the construction of our new shop and hope to have everything done by the end of August. Jann and I would like to invite anybody that would like to stop by either Sept.19th or Sept. 26 for a open house and chapter get together.

If we can get an idea of which date is best for the most people, we can tie the date down. And if anybody has ideas on presenters and/or speakers, that would be great as well.

Some of you have been here for meetings in the past, for the rest of you, we are out in the country, close to Lake Ray Roberts, at 10695 Stagecoach Pass, Pilot Point, ENE of Denton.

Please respond and let me know if there is any interest and if you have any ideas.

Thanks
Mike aka brez

Kenny Durrant

I hate to say but I'll be out of town both of those weekends. Sounds like fun. I thought I would respond so you wouldn't think there wasn't any interest and not offer another time. Thanks

brez

I hate to say but I'll be out of town both of those weekends. Sounds like fun. I thought I would respond so you wouldn't think there wasn't any interest and not offer another time. Thanks

Kenny,

Thanks for getting back to me. Is there a date that works for you? The two dates I mentioned where just to get a discussion going. I hope to find the date that works for the most people.

Thanks
Mike

its_virgil

I'm always open to a meeting. I am not available on sept 19, 26, or Oct 3. But, you can host a meeting without me. We have tried to find dates before when most all of us are available and that is mostly impossible. My suggestion would be to set the date and those who are available can attend and those who are not can make the next meeting. Life is getting busy but fun.
Thanks Mike,
Don

Kenny Durrant

I just know those days will not work or me. I'm in construction so it's hard to say if and what Saturday I may or may not work. I think you should pick a day that will work for you and throw it out and see the response. If it's good for the majority go with that. I would feel bad if I picked a day that made someone miss and then I wasn't able to go myself. Thanks

FredWillU

Pick a date. I know several around Greenville who would like to attend. I missed the one in March. Maybe I can stay out of the hospital now, this past year has been tough.

Fred Uphoff

Kunk35

I'm new to the forum but I would be interested in attending if you guys don't mind a new guy. I'm up in Denison so Pilot Point is no problem for me.

I'll keep an eye out on the details as it gets closer. Either day in September works for me. What time do you meet?

Kory

brez

I'm new to the forum but I would be interested in attending if you guys don't mind a new guy. I'm up in Denison so Pilot Point is no problem for me.

I'll keep an eye out on the details as it gets closer. Either day in September works for me. What time do you meet?

Kory

Kory,

It looks like Sat. Sept 26 is the date. New guys, old guys, any guys (and gals) are welcome. See you on the 26th.

I will provide directions just before the 26th,

Thanks
Mike

brez

UPDATE Date change

Well, we're into Sept. and the shop is still not done. It looks like it will be the first or second week in October before the shop is ready for prime time.

So, I need to move the date into the later part of Oct. How does Saturday Oct. 24th work for everybody?

Sorry for the change, I was clearly too optimistic expecting a Sept. date.

Thanks
Mike

PS. If someone can tell me how to post a picture, I will post a picture of the shop.

its_virgil

click "Go Advanced" under the pane where a reply message is typed. Scroll down and click on "manage attachments" and a new window opens. Click on "choose file" and navigate to the picture. Click on then image and click on "choose". Then click on upload. When the picture is loaded close the window and click on submit reply.

Looking forward to the meeting. late oct is good for me as far as I know.
Thanks,
Don

Last edited:

brez

Photo

Here is a picture of the exterior of the shop. The interior is still under construction. Hopefully just a few more weeks.

Attachments

• 20150905_175953_007.jpg
    20150905_175953_007.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 236

Kenny Durrant

Good to see it's still on. Hopefully I can make it. I'm willing to help work just be careful what you ask for. You might not like the quality of work. Thanks

tkbarron

Hey All!

I've been sitting on the sidelines for quite a while because of some health issues plus I have a super busy work schedule at the school district. I'd love to come for the meet and may try to caravan with Harry and Kenny if they are willing to put up with me.

That shop looks amazing! I'm feeling super jealous!!

Tom

Kenny Durrant

Tom I'm all in. I thought the three of us had a great time going to Sweetwater so if we can go there and back surely we can make it to Pilot Point and back with no problems.

Magma

As an extreme Newbie, I would love to stop by and learn what I can. I am in Carrollton and will be getting my first lathe very soon as I am recovering from shoulder surgery at the moment

brez

As an extreme Newbie, I would love to stop by and learn what I can. I am in Carrollton and will be getting my first lathe very soon as I am recovering from shoulder surgery at the moment

I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say, your welcome to come. There will be lots of experienced turners to meet and learn from.

Mike

brez

Update

The last of the materials for the shop have arrived in Dallas and should be here next week. It will be a busy few weeks but we should be good to go on the 24th.

OK if you need an extra incentive to make it on the 24th, Ken Nelson from Kallenshaan Woods has generously offered to send some of his Laser Inlay Pen Kits, so everybody can take one home with them.

I will need to give Ken a call with the number of people expected. I will have to call in a week or so, to be sure they're here in time. So, if you're thinking about being here on the 24th, be sure to let me know soon. If you have any turning friends that would like to attend, give them a heads up.

Also, if anybody would like to demo, or present anything to the group, let me know and we can set up what ever is needed. Also, if there is something you would like to see, or hear about, let me know and I can see if it can bet set up.

Thanks
Mike

Kenny Durrant

Unless I have to work I should be there. I don't know why everything has to revolve around work. My wife keeps saying something about a place to stay and something to eat.

brez

presentations?

We're working on some presentations for the meeting on the 24th. Does anybody have anything they would like to see, or hear about. Or, is there anything anybody would like to show, or present to the group?

Thanks
Mike

Chilly

Hi Mike, I'm a new member and would like to attend with a friend,a potential new member, Kevin.
Unfortunately the 19th would be the only date we could attend.
If we miss it we will keep our eyes open the the next one .
Thanks in advance.
Glad to be a new member

brez

Hi Mike, I'm a new member and would like to attend with a friend,a potential new member, Kevin.
Unfortunately the 19th would be the only date we could attend.
If we miss it we will keep our eyes open the the next one .
Thanks in advance.
Glad to be a new member

Chilly,

Our meetings are normally held on Saturdays. Oct. 19 is a Monday, I don't recall ever meeting on a Monday.

Mike

Top Bottom