Last turning of 2022

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

In early December I had a knee replacement surgery done. The Doc gave me all kinds of restrictions and said that after 2 weeks I could get back into the shop "for an hour a day. No more". So after being bored to tears sitting in my chair and watching Pawn Stars, American Pickers and a plethora of History and Discovery Channel stuff, not to mention all the 50's westerns, I got back into the shop. Probably more than an hour a day but my Doc is 15 miles away and he wouldn't know how long I was actually standing. Here's what I made for my Granddaughters new boyfriend. He's, Todd, from Texas so the wood is Mesquite that I got from a member here on IAP who just happens to reside in Texas. The shell came from the Gulf Coast so It's kinda from Texas...maybe. This is a Designer series pen from PSI done in Chrome. The clip looks off kilter in the picture but it is actually straight. I'm just a lousy photographer is all.
Thanks for looking and I hope 2023 brings new toys and ideas.

Todd 2023.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Nice work Tom

hope the recovery goes well. If you can swimming might help but see what the physio. says first. The water takes the weight ( after Christmas this probably becomes more relevant ) and you just flex to improve muscle strength.

Some damn good turning clips available on utube. Watch the one featuring Alan Batty on how to thread chase by hand if you fancy a new challenge during recovery.

Stay safe and here's to a healthy new year šŸ„‚

found it.

Nice job, Tom. I hope your recovery is going well.
Awesome pen Tom!

Take the time to get up to speed. Do whatever rehab they suggest, the shop will be waiting.
Great looking pen Tom! Hope that knee heals as it should. I know watching TV gets to be boring after awhile. No sense of accomplishment.
Very nice pen Tom. Good luck in your recovery. Can't wait to see your future projects.
Very nice. Best of luck with your recovery!
awesome work. good luck with recovery.

Thanks for your well wishes, I do appreciate them. The new knee is actually doing very well. I had my other knee done in 2021 and it took a bit longer to get back to be able to do things. But it's coming right along and I do thank you all for your comments.

BTW- The Mesquite came from Edgar. Thanks Edgar. Not only is it pretty wood but also the smell while turning is fantastic!

Nice work Tom

hope the recovery goes well. If you can swimming might help but see what the physio. says first. The water takes the weight ( after Christmas this probably becomes more relevant ) and you just flex to improve muscle strength.

Some damn good turning clips available on utube. Watch the one featuring Alan Batty on how to thread chase by hand if you fancy a new challenge during recovery.

Stay safe and here's to a healthy new year šŸ„‚

found it.

Hey Ian. Things are going well. Not a big fan of some of the stuff the PT people want me to do but I do it and it seems to help. No water for awhile. Doc said I can't run (unless I'm being chased by a Bear), skip, jump, climb a ladder and a bunch of other stuff which included swimming. Small steps at first.

I'll take a look at that video and let you know what I think. It does look interesting and thank you for sharing.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year

Tom

Top Bottom