Last rosewood for awhile--in satin nickel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This one is Kingwood (Dalbergia cearensis) from South America. It's another of the many subspecies of true rosewoods.

20053511319_Kingwood.jpg

This is the last of my rosewoods for awhile. Wonder what I was thinking last week when I pulled all of these--is my subconscious looking for a female companion? Critiques are appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Beautiful pen Lou!!! I really like Kingwood (yup, something other than BOW this time)---it's another one of my favorites!! That piece has a very nice grain pattern!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />This one is Kingwood (Dalbergia cearensis) from South America. It's another of the many subspecies of true rosewoods.

20053511319_Kingwood.jpg
<br />
This is the last of my rosewoods for awhile. Wonder what I was thinking last week when I pulled all of these--is my subconscious looking for a female companion? Critiques are appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Lou, you will have to post a picture of the female companion before we can critique her. [}:)]
Oh, BTW, that is a beautiful pen. [:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />Beautiful pen Lou!!! I really like Kingwood (yup, something other than BOW this time)---it's another one of my favorites!! That piece has a very nice grain pattern!!!
Ok, Tom. Now I have to learn a new "Tom Mc" mantra...Tom LOVES BOW and Kingwood. [8D]

Tom McMillan

OK Lou---Just for fun I checked the pens in my album and 6 are BOW and 6 have Kingwood in them---so it appears I really do like them equally----just wanted to be sure your mantra was accurate.

I've found that "female companion" thingy---isn't always that great an idea----tried that 3 times---and gave up for now. I still do have a good friend in BC I email a lot---but, I'm thinking the distance between us may be a good idea. Didn't you have a friend in BC too???

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />Didn't you have a friend in BC too???
Yes, but BC's a lot further from me than it is from you! (I've only made the fated trip once. A good friend asked me if I knew why my divorce cost so much. I replied "Because it was WORTH it!) [8D]

Gregory Huey

Awe come on LOu your starting to put the bar out of site. Man when I think of all the tools I could have with the money I spent on a divorce. Like you said it was worth every penny.

Tom McMillan

Yes, Lou---but, I've only made the trip once too, in over 2 years---now I've only got a beater pickup---so will likely be awhile before I get back up there again.

And yes, but the cost of 3 have left me on "empty"!!

PenWorks

Very nice pen Lou, I really like all rosewoods. But why is this a true one [?] Are some lyers and really not rosewood but say they are? [:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Actually you're right, Anthony. True rosewoods are in the dalbergia family. If they're not in the family and call themselves rosewoods, they're liars!

Another beautiful one, Lou.
As for a female companion, LOML says if you would apply a small bit of TSW like cologne before going out, you would have the ladies following you home. She loves how the stuff smells. :&gt;)
ken

opfoto

Great looking pen. I hear the bar being raised again.

Oh no, I can see the commercials on TV but instead of the shaving cream, its TSW.....Lou and Heidi, Christy, Carole. God you would have to have him surgically removed!!!

woodwish

Beautiful pen. In the other sidetrack on this post I was thinking that I still have the same wife after 28 years, but my third shop with my second lathe. I am not sure which way is cheaper, new wife or new shop?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for the kind words and the belly laughs! Just a touch of TSW behind my ears, huh? I'll have to give it a try. And Wish, I had the wife for 28 years...didn't get my first shop until after the split. The former cost LOTS more! [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom