Last one for a bit...I hope

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Here's my latest knife that was made for a gentlemen in Washington to fit a sheath he has (apparently the knife is lost). First time I've ever been asked to make a knife for a sheath, usually it's the other way around. The knife is a small drop point skinner done in Black Walnut Crotch. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for looking.

On a different note. Today I was in my shop and was totally not inspired to make anything even though I had 5 sets of blanks ready to turn for pen and pencil sets, I did make a pencil yesterday so that's why it's 5 sets of blanks. So I sat there and listened to one of my bag pipe CD's and just thought about things, which my wife says is never good. From the beginning of September to early December I've made and sold 40 knives and about 33 sheaths, more than twice what I make during the entire year. I'm burned out right now so I've decided to not make any more knives for a bit until I get back into the groove. So this will be my last knife post for a bit and probably anything else. I'm going to concentrate on getting the final touches done on the cabin and focus on getting our new home built in Ulm, we're supposed to break ground end of this month, weather permitting. Be back later!

Kevins knife Walnut crotch.jpgKevins handle Walnut crotch.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Wonderful knife Tom! I like the contras between the wood and the brass pins and bolster. Also a nice touch with your info etched on the blade.

As Mark said, understand taking a break and getting some other things done. You can still hang out here and show pics of your cabin and house projects

Take care and be safe.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wonderful knife Tom! I like the contras between the wood and the brass pins and bolster. Also a nice touch with your info etched on the blade.

As Mark said, understand taking a break and getting some other things done. You can still hang out here and show pics of your cabin and house projects

Take care and be safe.
I don't think that was Mark! 😁

Top Bottom