Last Minute Turning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Dec 23rd, pm, Wifey asks me if I can turn a bottle stopper for our daughter's room mate/ rentor. Since his family is in Texas and not able to go home, he was going to be alone with his twin five year old daughters. We invited he and the girls to join us for Christmas.

In addition to the bottle stopper for him, Wifey had some handmade pillow cases from another project. The pillow cases had "Sweet Dreams" embroidered on the band. Two for the girls with kids fabric/cute animal print and one with helicopters in a camo green for him(a former Marine).

We as well as they had a wonderful time. The girls are precious

Wood: Cocobolo with a Brass Niles stopper.
Finish: ShellaWax EEE, Beall Buffed and Renaissance Wax.
PHP:

Attachments

• 865CEFDA-5791-4DC8-BB92-DE9386E5E1AA.jpg
    865CEFDA-5791-4DC8-BB92-DE9386E5E1AA.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 6371A559-3091-4FE2-8918-6419BFA8C579.jpg
    6371A559-3091-4FE2-8918-6419BFA8C579.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Nice..................Room mate / renter.................I tried that once and things went a little goofie for me..............of course, that was 45 yrs ago............those were the days

Very nice stoppers Charlie and a great story to go along with them. I applaud you on using correct terminology with regards to the renters military status. There are no such things as ex-Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Airman or Coast Guardsmans. We are all Former, once a Veteran always a Veteran.

TonyL

Nice! I am just starting to get into these. I am a tee-totaler, but there are plenty of uses for them. They are just nice to look at and don't "waste" as much wood.

Thank you for sharing. I have one that I am going to post shortly.

Charlie_W

Nice! I am just starting to get into these. I am a tee-totaler, but there are plenty of uses for them. They are just nice to look at and don't "waste" as much wood.

Thank you for sharing. I have one that I am going to post shortly.

Thanks Tony! I too do not drink....iced tea for me.
This piece of Cocobolo had such nice grain character that I went with a plain design. The solid brass stopper looked so much better than the stainless steel with the wood coloring.

Looking forward to your post!

Top Bottom