Last day of the season...buck down

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Took until the last day, but after bumping two early this morning and after then finding a beautiful 9 point shed I laid a button buck down.

If I had been more patient - I probably could have put down a pair since he had a companion who didn't spook until I stood up to survey my kill.

I still have two properties I can hunt until the 31st of March - but in my head deer season ended today and this takes the pressure off.

I was kinda in pre-turkey season already given that I had not put down any deer so far, so this is a sweet ending.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tim self

Grats, got mine the day after Thanksgiving. Was late leaving and son says, "there's at least a 6 pointer on the pond." It was 8 pt. My biggest to date.

JohnU

Congrats! Your season was better than mine. Lol. Didn't see a deer close enough to shoot at all gun season. Given the lack of deer seen, my bow season ended then too. Just not enough time in the day get everything done and sit in a tree when I'm not seeing deer. Lol. Turkey tags arrived last week and I'm looking forward to that. Now I just hope the rain doesn't wash out the season like last year. I guess there's always shed and mushroom hunting. . Congrats again!

Rfturner

Nice, I went hunting for the first time here in california back in early november. I did not get a deer but a friend got a fork spike from about 50-60 yards away. It was the only deer I saw.

sounds good but you know how it is on here. No Pics Didnt happen:biggrin:
LOL

So there are pics...just on my Commanding Officers camera. I was over hanging it in the Rod and Gun club cooler on base, grabbed my camera and it was dead as a doornail.

She is a camper and by luck was camping about 500 yds away. Called her and she took a few of me and the deer and the deer solo. I'll post them when she gets them off the camera and sends them to me.

I am going over either tomorrow or Tues to process it, will also snap some pics.

I had to put down a 9 point that someone else had wounded, so I got some good meat but not a very good rack" You can't eat rack " so some guys say.....

Hell, I shot a button...so 7 points less?

I hunt for meat only, not into trophy mode (yet?).

I am also a pretty new deer hunter, so this was an extra special day.

tim self

I had to put down a 9 point that someone else had wounded, so I got some good meat but not a very good rack" You can't eat rack " so some guys say.....

Hell, I shot a button...so 7 points less?

I hunt for meat only, not into trophy mode (yet?).

I am also a pretty new deer hunter, so this was an extra special day.

Any day in the woods is a special day but bagging one is extra special. And I have never found a recipe for antler soup.

edicehouse

I had surgery, right before thanksgiving. Was too unconfortable in the stand, then got busy with orders and work. I guess I will need to squirrel hunt this year.

Top Bottom