Laser Engraving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenacres2

greenacres2

So a few months back i picked up a used Neje 1500. After a quick test in February when it got here--it's been sitting. Our son is leaving for about 3 months on the road with a drum corps, so it seemed like a good time to try the laser. A few test burns on some old sticks, then on to the real thing. Not perfect, but not bad for an early shot. I can see where Shorty's rotary jig would really be helpful--you'll be able to pick out the stick where the engraving went around the corner. (I've got Shorty's jig from T Shadow, but didn't want to bore the sticks to use it!!)

I think he'll like them!!
earl

Attachments

• Adam's Drumsticks.jpg
    Adam's Drumsticks.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief TomaToe

Very awesome! Congratulations to your son for making the Scouts. I auditioned for them in high school when they still did their camps in Bloomington Indiana. He will be sure to cherish those.

greenacres2

Yeah, it's his last year of being young enough, so he's leaving his job and hitting the road. After camp in Trafalgar, IN they will only have 4 open days (no performances) over the following 3-ish months. It sounds crazy to me, but it will impact his life.
earl

cozee

They look great. My laser is supposed to be delivered this morning! I can't wait. Already have the T Shadow jig and a couple ideas on mods for it so I can burn solid round objects.

JRK

I've only had mine for a short time.

I had slimline that had a tear out and was ruined, I used it to test to find a setting that works.

I've been doing one pass at 30ms burn time with the NEJE 1500, and it looks good to me. I have not done any images yet, so I don't know if this setting is good for images or not. I've been making pens to give as gifts and personalizing with the name of the person that is getting the pen.

Good Luck.

Jerry

greenacres2

They look great. My laser is supposed to be delivered this morning! I can't wait. Already have the T Shadow jig and a couple ideas on mods for it so I can burn solid round objects.

Good luck!! It was seeing Steve's demo in Bolingbrook that got me looking--found a deal over the winter and set it aside. Then, seeing his demo at MPG prompted me to dust it off. Headed to Chicagoland Speedway the next 3 days then i can get back to turning a bit.
earl

cozee

Got my Neje 1500!! I saw Steve's demo at the MPG in Schaumburg as well. I decided then and there I wanted one. Gonna be ordering a 3000 (w/BP rotary jig) as soon as Nancy gets them in.

greenacres2

Got my Neje 1500!! I saw Steve's demo at the MPG in Schaumburg as well. I decided then and there I wanted one. Gonna be ordering a 3000 (w/BP rotary jig) as soon as Nancy gets them in.

I've been watching her site for that. I like the idea of being able to do other materials. I should be at the June meeting, and i'll apologize in person for not introducing myself at the Schaumburg meet-up. What a session that was!!
earl

Top Bottom