Laser Engraver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pollock29

I am looking to purchase a laser engraver to personalize my pens and cases. I would like some recommendations on quality, reasonable price, and fairly compact size. I would like to be able to engrave both wood and acrylic, other items if possible, but not of utmost importance at this time.
I used to own a trophy business and am very familiar with computer engravers, but I only engraved metal. If possible I would like for the software to be able to run on a Mac, but PC is OK.

Thanks for any information you may provide.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elyk864

Most of the cheaper units aren't Mac friendly. Also I haven't seen a lot of cheaper units that do acrylics well, just woods. I see the NEJE brand pop up a lot. I have the MakeBlock Laser engraver myself. The quality is meh, but it works and gets the job done, lots of plastic components that are fragile. Also I don't have a rotary jig. I know the NEJE lasers are rotary jig compatible.

Edward Cypher

I have a Neje 1500 that did pens and plastic fine as long as the plastic barrel was prepped with black dry erase marker. The Benson rotary jig works well and so does the one from T-Shadow this is the box type laser and only engraves a 1.5 X 1.5 inch area. I recently bought the 3500 master Neje laser and it does a 5 X 5 inch area and the Benson jig and it does awesome. Software leaves a little to be desired but it is under 200 dollar machine. Well worth the money if you are just getting started.

Mayo Mick

I have the Neje 1500 for about a year now. I've only recently got my rotary jig working correctly. I've only done a few pens with it to date but very happy with it so far. I'm thinking about getting a bigger one, the Outure 3500.

Top Bottom