laser engraver advise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alvis Lewis

I want to invest into a small laser engraver to engrave my pens, without breaking the bank.
Any advice from you guys would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RVA_Tyndall

I didn't even know that these existed at such a low price until I joined this site! I just rolled the dice and ordered one directly from China with a 3000mw laser for less than $90
US $80.19 19% Off | NEJE 2019 hot selling new 3000mw 445nm Ai laser engraver Wood Router Laser Cutter Printer Engraver Cutting Machine
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/uS9F94U

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

JRK

I ordered mine from Amazon early March. Still waiting. Tracking says it will arrive by April 16th. Now Amazon has them with 2nd day shipping.

Frustrating.

Jerry

Rockdoc

Qiilu 1500mw Laser Engraver

Seller on Amazon said it doesn't cut well on rounded surfaces (like pens). I see that several of you have bought it. What is your experience?

cprsac

Pen Engraver?

Hey guys,
I am interested in an engraver also. Have you had time to practice with these yet?
Are they able to print around the pen without rotating? Looking forward to your reviews.

mecompco

Hey guys,
I am interested in an engraver also. Have you had time to practice with these yet?
Are they able to print around the pen without rotating? Looking forward to your reviews.

The NEJEs do a good job on pens. There is a thread here somewhere with many pix of engravings done with them. I have a rotary jig for mine, but there's no need for it with one line of engraving. Anything much larger will need to be rotated, but for text and small images, all you need is the engraver.

RVA_Tyndall

NEJE arrived from China and is up and running!

Using it on a Mac is a pain. I gave up. Running it on windows is easy. This is the 3000mw laser equipped version that I ordered on AliExpress directly from China. Order March 29 and arrived April 18 for $71.

Oh, the only thing that wasn't clear to me in the poorly written product specs is that Bluetooth connectivity is through your computer running the engraving program. I thought I could connect directly from my phone to the engraver. If you can, then I haven't figured that out yet.
IMG_2781.JPG

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/rvatyndall/

Top Bottom