Large US made Firestarter kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TIB

These are 60,000 strike kits. They're real monsters, and the best quality materials. The metals are European and US, not Chinese! The quality and refinement of these kits will impress you, and your customers.

3/8" x 2 1/2" Ferrocerium
5/8" x 3 1/4" Magnesium
Hardened steel scraper
Leather strap
Key chain

$18 each 1-4
$16 each 5-24
$15 each 25-50
$14 each 50+

Shipping $4 each order

I had a Penn state kit on hand to compare. The ferro is smaller and seems to be more of a misch metal (softer)composition. The Mag is the same diameter, but not all magnesium is made the same. The PS mag is hard, and scrapes powdery. Our mag is soft, and comes off in little curls.

One thing our kit doesn't have is a cute little worthless compass. I can't find any not made in China.:( And since I don't really like depending on Chinese stuff for my survival, I chose not to include them. If you want to add them though, you can find 15mm compass lots for cheap on ebay and amazon.

KtolxaI.jpg

PS kit on the left, mine on the right. One thing you'll notice with our kits is the finish is overall superior. We also use a special epoxy from Eugene, Or, not that awful looking JB weld.

PS on top, mine on bottom.

eIw3G3b.jpg

PS on the left, you'll notice the ferro isn't flush with the tip. Small things like that leave your finished product looking sub-par. :wink:

GrU3R4y.jpg

rBPcdKa.jpg

HGZi3ZX.jpg

pp73DEx.jpg

Here's what we do with them. It's a African Padauk handle. On the handle it just rounded edges, and left unfinished. These handles are designed to be scraped, to give an extra source of tinder.

http://i.imgur.com/ndCnSnF.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The PS kit is on the left. Our substantially superior kit is on the right.

Attachments

• KtolxaI.jpg
    KtolxaI.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 246
  • pp73DEx.jpg
    pp73DEx.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 214
  • HGZi3ZX.jpg
    HGZi3ZX.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Squeaky1

Are they all gone? We are newbies in pen making and need some of your discards so that we can practice on. Do you have any we can purchase?

Top Bottom