Large size pen needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bugradx2

I need a few suggestions

I have a friend who has asked me to make him a pen.

He has hands that are quite large (ex NFL lineman) and would like a larger diameter and possibly longer pen.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty new at pen making and it's been tough to identify a component set that might work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

The Majestic is a high end pen that's pretty hefty from PSI. Ed at Exotic carries the Churchill, Atrax, and Triton, all big kits.

For the bigger pen kits, we typically see the cap with a 12.5mm tube, and barrel with 10.5mm tube. That's as big as I've seen them go.

You can use a thicker blank like 7/8" and turn it as thickly as you wish.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The Poseidon RB from Wood Blanks & Pen Kits has a 13.2mm upper tube & the Powerstar RB/FP from Houtdraaiwerken Pen Kis has a 13mm upper tube. Those are the largest body pen kits that I'm aware of.

Only one little problem - both are located in the Netherlands.

But, las @derekdd noted, you can make the blanks quite bulbous for most any kit, and some can be lengthened by using longer tubes.

jcm71

The Emperor, Lotus, and Bamboo are all large diameter, however you cannot post the caps. They high end (expensive). Try Exotic Blanks.

EricRN

The fu
I need a few suggestions

I have a friend who has asked me to make him a pen.

He has hands that are quite large (ex NFL lineman) and would like a larger diameter and possibly longer pen.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty new at pen making and it's been tough to identify a component set that might work.
ll size gentleman (not the jr gent) is the biggest I've seen. 15/32 tube size for the body. Cap tube is 14mm I think. I believe it's the same size as the majestic but different style and a bit cheaper.

Robert Taylor

how large do you really want>?

Attachments

• big pen.jpg
    big pen.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 46

qquake

If you're referring to the Over/Under pen, it does require a large blank. I had several failures drilling acrylic for the upper (9/16") blank. I think I ended up using a Rhino blank, which is 7/8". If you're not very experienced, I highly recommend using 1" wood blanks.

Top Bottom