Laquer FP, Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

atvrules1

I routinely visit the local high school where the students are busy making pens as one of their required projects. The instructor has shellawax and the Pennstate laquer FP for them to finish with. The results with the laquer have been less than outstanding. I've searched this site for step by step information on finishing with this product, but really can't find what I'm looking for. Is there anyone that uses this routinely that can provide a step by step tutorial that these kids can follow to obtain more consistant results. I don't have any experience with laquer and so I can't even tell them if they are doing it right or wrong. They usually sand to fine grit, dust off their blanks and apply the FP until they have dripped it all over their equipment, clothes, floor, etc (they are teenagers). I'm sure that someone out there has a consise method that these kids would be overjoyed to try.
I know that this is a long post, but these kids are willing and excited to learn, and a few of them will continue to turn pens as a hobby. I've helped them all I can, now I turn to all of you for further information.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Have the instructor read the instructions.
Most F.P.'s say to use sparingly.
This should give decent results but necessarily what they aree looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom