Landon Smith (Hunter-27) has passed away

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

That's sad news.I wish I could have known him,he sounds like he was a great man.I'll remember his family in prayers.

Steve

Buzzzz4

He will be missed. Always fun to watch him run his contests while paying attention to every detail. A great friend to many.

Landon will be missed. Just before his stroke in March we were planning on meeting up sometime when he was in Rapid.

Levi Woodard
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

PenMan1

My deepest condolences to Lisa and Landon's family. The IAP will not be the same without his contributions and "can do" attitude.

I'll miss you much, Landon.

Last edited:

jaeger

I am sorry to hear the sad news about Landon.
He was a great person and a fighter. Sincere condolences to his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

76winger

I'm shocked to hear this. I knew he was fighting some serious illness but didn't know it was so bad. I only had a couple contacts with him, mainly the PITH earlier this year which joined in because of a PM from him recruiting more participants. I'm glad he reached out to me and it sounds like that's the way he was on many occasions. He seemed to be a very open and giving person from the short time I had to engage with him. I will be praying for his family.

rherrell

Way too young...Gods speed my friend.

You know, I never met him in person but as I write this I have tears in my eyes...I guess this is just one big family.

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I too am very sorry to hear of Landon's passing. I spoke with him many times, but not recently. I wish I could provide some additional information about our friends passing, but I don't know any more about it than what was printed in his obituary.

Landon's contributions to this site are well known. He loved the IAP community. I once asked him what motivated him to take on all the responsibility for contests and activities that he did. He laughed and said that he could "run a show better than turn a pen"". So his contribution to the IAP was running many , many shows.

Please lift Landon and his family up in you prayers.

jttheclockman

I was talking today with someone on another forum and it was mentioned about the passing of Landon. Being I am not visiting here much any more i did not read of this but i had to stop in and post my thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of a truely inspiring individual. I, like others have only experienced Landon's personality through this forum and from this you and anyone else can conclude he was truely a very giving individual and will be surely missed. His tiredless efforts with the contests and things on this site will never go unnoticed. For this we benefitted greatly.

I knew of his health issues back some time ago when he posted and was thinking the worst was past when he made it back home and continued to improve and write again. So young. It just goes to show just how fragile life really is.

Once again I would like to pass along to the family my condolences and to say Rest In Peace Landon.

Hopefully this thread will be read by the family and they will realize that Landon was a friend here and will be missed.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I had a lot of interaction via PM here and a couple of emails back and forth. He was a square shooter. I am fortunate that he made the first Creekline Pens when I introduced them and I have at least one other pen he made, so he will live here as long as I do.

I believe in the line below my signature so I think he is in a better place - my condolances to his family who must go on here without him. He was a good person.

jsolie

I did not get a chance to interact with Landon, and it seems I'm the poorer for it. RIP and prayers and condolences for the family.

Russknan

How very, very sad. I always appreciated his posts. 42 is nowhere near a big enough number. Deep condolences to his family. I'm glad we had him with us for the time we did. Russ

islandturner

I have not participated in this forum for some time and was greatly saddened to find this post about Landon Smith. I never met him face to face; we lived on opposite sides of the continent and in different countries, but we'd exchanged a number of emails, both here and in another forum. I felt I'd gotten to know him a little bit – we had similar interests outside pen making. Some conflict broke out at the other site (as happens in most boards from time to time...), and Landon was the calming influence and voice of reason, simply outclassing the others, and bringing the matter to a close. I am the proud owner of one of Landon's pens; we were partners in the first 'Pine Pith' a few years ago. If Landon's family or friends ever check in here, I pass along my deepest condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom