Landon Smith (Hunter-27) has passed away

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Friends

I've just learned that our great friend and long-time IAP member Landon Smith ([profile]hunter-27[/profile]) died on August 14th. Landon had been recovering from a stroke he suffered in March, and multiple subsequent surgeries. I don't have any further information.

Landon's wife Lisa had previously been in touch with Mike Broberg, and Mark Gum had visited Landon a couple times and given us an update. Perhaps Mike or Mark have additional information.

Landon was a member of IAP since 2007, and had been extremely giving of his time and effort to run contests at Bash time, and swaps during the year. I was always impressed with his logical thinking and calm demeanor, and I enjoyed speaking with him on the phone several times. I will miss his contributions and his presence here, and the IAP has lost a great friend.

Today is his birthday; he would have been 42 years old.

EDIT: Here is a link to Landon's Obituary

Last edited:

Brooks803

Landon was a great guy. His contributions to this site have been priceless. I believe that I was lucky enough to be his last pith partner. I did an exchange with his son at the same time. I got to know him well during that time. I'm gonna miss him.

Jeff, is there anything we can do for his family? Take up a collection or something like that?

PenPal

For many years I was in touch with Landon by phone and E Mail and on the forum. Yes he became involved over time in sharing activities, whenever he was into a new project he used to touch base with me, I learnt more about him from the obituary thank you for that and the advice.

Kind regards to the family and the forum family.

Peter.

BradG

Such a shame to hear. no age at all... Rest well Landon, I'm sure Gods workshop will be a thing of beauty

He will be remembered by many, and will continue to live on these forums

Best wishes to his family

Brad & Jen xx

JohnU

Very sad to hear this. My prayers go out to his family and friends for their loss of a great man. May you find peace my friend, you will be missed.

CaptG

I had the opportunity to speak with Landon several times. He was a friend and will be missed. My prayers are with his family.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Landon was a rare individual!

In the face of numerous health challenges, he was ALWAYS willing to do more for IAP. It was never a matter of asking for his help, he was there to pick up the reins as soon as he saw the need.

IF you are judged in afterlife by what you GAVE in this life, he will be seated on a very high throne!! And he will be sorely missed.

keithbyrd

I never met or talked with him but I appreciated his contribution to anyone and everyone on the site. God bless his family and friends.

penmaker1967

i never met him in person or talked to him on the phone but had many talks through pms about the piths that he run he will truely be missed

Scott

I am very sad to hear this! He was always a strong supporter of this site, and a good guy. I will miss him.

Scott.

Pete275

Thanks for letting us know Jeff. Landon was a good friend to many of us here on IAP. I spoke with him several times via telephone and always enjoyed the conversation. He was very helpful to me when I first started turning and I will miss him very much. Rest in Peace Landon.

Wayne

Jim Burr

Banned
Not a good thing to hear, but God bless the man, a good friend to us all. Rest easy Landon, and in peace.

reddwil

I will truly miss Landon. After meeting him here on the IAP i had the pleasure of meeting him in Nebraska on our yearly hunting trips in his home town. We had several nice visits over the years, sharing stories of hunting and pen turning. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I will miss you brother, gods speed. You will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom