Laguna table saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

These new Laguna table saws seem very thoughtfully designed and well priced. I love my Laguna lathe.

I am still working with a small job site saw and won't have the space or money for a full cabinet saw anytime soon. But when the time comes, I will be sorely tempted by these Laguna saws. I've had my heart set on a sawstop and will probably go that route anyway. But maybe Laguna will have its own safety technology by then. (Not sure when sawstops patent expires.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I too have looked at Laguna saws. At 71 I now have to consider whether my Delta contractor saw needs to be replaced as it does what is supposed to do.
I'm dreaming with you

workinforwood

Heres the difference between a laguna fusion and a powermatic When it comes to dust collection. I have a powermatic pm1000 and a laguna fusion 1 i just bought and recieved a month ago. As you can see i removed the piece of crap dust collection piece. It is to wide, not long enough, not enough down slope and the suction hole in the wrong location. I removed the plastic piece so i can add a second port to it inside the machine. Going to mount a 2.5" port to the middle side of this plastic piece and a y splitter inside the saw. Poor dust control is a serious pet peeve of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 107

workinforwood

Heres a photo of my 3 main cutting saw layout. That laguna bandsaw is a laguna and is not. Bought it 20yrs ago brand new and still looks brand new! It is actually a meber 400. Made in italy. I am not sure who is making their actual tool now but its not italy. I feel like laguna fired their woodworker and hired an interior designer to build their tools. So they look amazing and dont perform correctly. But if you dont mind doing a few minior mods to it, its worth the money.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 110
Top Bottom