Laguna 14/12 bandsaw is amazing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

This was not a trivial purchase, but it has really increased what my shop can produce. First, watch the Laguna YouTube set up videos several times. Then do what they said in the videos and the saw sets up perfectly. The alignment was excellent with few things that needed realignment. The guides are superb and relatively easy to get right. The first blade I bought was just something until I could afford the Laguna resaw king which is a wonderful blade. With the stock blade I resawed a 10" board easily with relatively mild marks. With the resaw king and more experience the marks a very, very mild. A couple of passes through the drum sanded and the pieces are perfect.

One gripe, it takes forever to stop. I have learned patience which is probably smart around such a cutting machine.

For around $1000 this saw is very close to perfect. I HIGHLY recommend it. Wait until it is on sale as I paid $980 and they are around $1400 now.

You will need help (I used three helpers) to get it out of your vehicle. I also needed help to right it on the mobility base. Other than that I could unbox and assemble it myself. Woodcraft forklifted it into my SUV!

Attachments

• 42328344-87E6-4293-A314-9EC54E98B69A.jpeg
    42328344-87E6-4293-A314-9EC54E98B69A.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adirondak5

Yep , its a great saw , I've had mine for a few years now . Once you get the fence set to the blade drift , resaws are fantastic , plenty of power , very well balanced . I even did the nickel test with mine and it passed . It does take a good while to stop when you power it down , lots of momentum in those cast iron wheels . Good luck with yours and congrats !

MRDucks2

Looking at the ones in display, I found the table to be much lower than other bandsaws I have used. What are your comments on this affecting either comfort of use or control of your work?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

mmayo

I guess I have no reference since my other bandsaw was a tiny 10". The table on the Laguna is comfortable and works for me; my height is 5-10.

As with any top heavy machine, I strongly suggest slow and careful moving of this saw when using the mobility kit. It moves very well, but I never wish to see it tipping as I love it.

NGLJ

I got one last year and it has transformed my woodworking. Quality always counts. I use it all of the time in pen making. I recently started to use it to cut staves for blanks. Having recently added a drum sander I now use my thickness planer a lot less. I rough cut to size on the bandsaw and clean up on the drum sander. For wood that is really bent or crooked of course I have to take a different approach.

Top Bottom