Laguna 1216. Lathe #5

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Just finished setting up my Laguna 1216. Been looking at lathes for a while and based on reviews this one seemed to fit my needs. It's everything they say and more. Can't believe how smooth it runs. Also got the bed extension which can convert to outboard turning. Will likely get more time than the Shopsmith, Jet mini, Atlas metal lathe and Sherlne. If you're in the market, don't overlook this one.

96A175E1-84AB-4B22-9DB3-122FC1F28156.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oohhh! That looks nice. I suspect you need to make some room in the shed... I'll offer to cart away some of your "old toys."

Enjoy.

moke

Bruce,
I bought the 18-32 three years ago. It is awesome. I have never regretted it. the President of our turning club bought a used one, loved it for a while then had an accident, blamed it on the machine and now is very skeptical about it. The speed know on a 32 is closer to the right side....I see yours has the on-off and speed nob reversed from mine. I must admit, it is easy to bump, and he did, it sped the lathe up and spun the bowl off and hit him in the arm and kind of left a burn mark. I am not sure that is the lathes' fault, but he is convinced it is. I thought you should be aware of it, so you can be careful. I love the lathe and have had loads of fun with it. Laguana has engineered in many small improvements that are not always obvious. I think yours is a great buy and is very cool. I love the stand particularly. Mine is just plain...that is well designed and more useful. Congratulations.......enjoy!

BTW, I know there lights are pricey but are really useful and handy.

philipff

Just finished setting up my Laguna 1216. Been looking at lathes for a while and based on reviews this one seemed to fit my needs. It's everything they say and more. Can't believe how smooth it runs. Also got the bed extension which can convert to outboard turning. Will likely get more time than the Shopsmith, Jet mini, Atlas metal lathe and Sherlne. If you're in the market, don't overlook this one.

View attachment 220464
Congratulations, Bruce! You certainly deserve to have this beautiful machine. P.

Top Bottom