Ladies High end rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer.
I need a ladies rollerball - high end. I would really like something on the size of the Sedna/Baron but would like better quality - like a Jr. Statesman level. Venus would be good but its the same size as Jr Statesman/Gent. Has anybody found a postable high end ladies size rollerball? Sedona is 15/32 cap and 25/64 barrel.
Suggestions appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Keith, I don't have an answer for you on the pen. I am watching to see the responses. I don't make pens as often as I used to, but when I do, it is specifically for ladies more than 50% of the time.

TonyL

I have made the ones you mentioned (and more) with the more narrow cap (15/32) and barrel. I have not had an issue with them mechanically and none of my customers reported a problem. However, I do not think their components are as durable as the Jr George, Anthony, Harold, Milton etc.. I would like to see thinner versions with components of similar weight/durability/finish.

jttheclockman

I believe any of the JR series pens works well for the ladies. I have had ladies buy both Sierra line and cigar line of pens more so than glittsy pens. It is funny because you mention women buying pens and it is true many times they are buying for husband or for boyfriends but they do buy for themselves too. The very first pen I ever sold to a women was one that I thought I would never sell in a million years. I made it with a funky blank and after I did I did not like it but thought what the heck throw it on the table and see what happens. After a few hours into my show I had a lady come up to my booth and said I wish I had seen your pens first. I just bought from another vendor. I told her I was willing to take a few $$ off any pen she picked. Also said you could try returning it to the other vendor. Well never found out if she returned the other pen but she did buy one from me and would you not know it she bought the one pen that I thought would never sell. She was thrilled with the colors and made me happy too. Here is that pen from about 15 years ago. I still remember that first sale 15 years ago.

IMGP0392.JPG

keithbyrd

I have made the ones you mentioned (and more) with the more narrow cap (15/32) and barrel. I have not had an issue with them mechanically and none of my customers reported a problem. However, I do not think their components are as durable as the Jr George, Anthony, Harold, Milton etc.. I would like to see thinner versions with components of similar weight/durability/finish.
Tony - exact same experience. No problem with those pens but they just don't seem to have the quality!

keithbyrd

I believe any of the JR series pens works well for the ladies. I have had ladies buy both Sierra line and cigar line of pens more so than glittsy pens. It is funny because you mention women buying pens and it is true many times they are buying for husband or for boyfriends but they do buy for themselves too. The very first pen I ever sold to a women was one that I thought I would never sell in a million years. I made it with a funky blank and after I did I did not like it but thought what the heck throw it on the table and see what happens. After a few hours into my show I had a lady come up to my booth and said I wish I had seen your pens first. I just bought from another vendor. I told her I was willing to take a few $$ off any pen she picked. Also said you could try returning it to the other vendor. Well never found out if she returned the other pen but she did buy one from me and would you not know it she bought the one pen that I thought would never sell. She was thrilled with the colors and made me happy too. Here is that pen from about 15 years ago. I still remember that first sale 15 years ago.

View attachment 291544
Thanks John - I have had a similar experience!

keithbyrd

Now - I think the mistral RB is a much higher quality pen. I really like the quality but it's not postable - not sure where to go - I guess back to the Sedona!!

TonyL

i forgot about the mistral. I never turned one, but would not hesitate to do so. Thx for the reminder!

greenacres2

I really like the simple elegance of the Leveche. I need to try the Mistral--i feel the same way about that one, and still have not gotten around to ordering any...need to do that sometime!! The rose gold on the Leveche is very nice--as are the rest of their finishes.
earl

Top Bottom