Ladies Ear Ring / Jewellery Night Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pompeyite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeyite

tn_Ear%20Ring%20Stand%202%20Sept%2006.jpg

I made this ladies ear ring/jewellery night stand from a piece of scrap wood found in a skip (dumpster).There was enough wood to make 8 of these. I have been told that the wood may be UTILE but have not been able to verify this. It has been finished with melamine sealer and 3 coats of shellawax. The idea is that when a lady returns home from a good night out, she can just deposit her jewellery onto this stand,instead of fussing with her jewellery case. She places her rings onto the top finial, her ear rings into the peripheral holes (12) and drops her neckless and bracelet into the dish at the bottom. I apologise for the visible glue line under the finial, the glue was still wet when I took the photo. But being pva glue,it dried clear.;):D[:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very neat Derek, I also really like your cricket bat pen. I've been tempted to get one of those from Craft Supplies UK too. I've become a bit jaded with them recently though ( CS ) They will not get better kits or blanks, even though they tell me that they send stuff back and forth to CSUSA on a regular basis. Every single kit they have is the basic 24k stuff.[:(] I do love going to their shop though. The scenery is great. You can also get very dizzy when you go upstairs to the wood store. Look out of the window and see the very fast flowing river just outside.

I just have one problem with your jewellery holder. When I take my good lady out for a night on the tiles, she still has her jewellery on in the morning. [}:)][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom