Lace Bobbins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey Toni,

What kind of bobbins are you interested in? Honiton (sp) or continential? I have bought my wife quite a few and decided that I will start making them myself.....did a lot of research and have a number of books on it....even got some 1/4" bakelite rods to make some Honiton bobbins....just because!!!

Another sewing notion I plan on making will be thimbles....

Later,

Barney

Great!! I have absolutly no idea what kind I want. I met a woman over a year ago and she turned lace bobbins and gave me a few to try out my millefiori on and I never herd from her again:frown: I really liked the way they turned out and thought I might try making them again.

Here is a photo of the bobbins.. Maybe you will know what they are called.

Wooden thimbles...humm.....I wonder if they can be covered:rolleyes:
3245627745_ca90b6ac95.jpg

Look like East Midlands bobbins we have here in the UK, they would also be spangled like these, (appologies for the photo quality)

bobbins2.jpg

Yes there are a few in that photo that look like the bobbins I covered. Do you turn them?

As for the length I have no idea, I just liked making them...LOL

Great!! I have absolutly no idea what kind I want. I met a woman over a year ago and she turned lace bobbins and gave me a few to try out my millefiori on and I never herd from her again:frown: I really liked the way they turned out and thought I might try making them again.

Here is a photo of the bobbins.. Maybe you will know what they are called.

Wooden thimbles...humm.....I wonder if they can be covered:rolleyes:
3245627745_ca90b6ac95.jpg

Definately looks like East Midlands.......I'll see if I can snap a PIC of my wife's bobbins and use a coin for scale.......those Honiton bobbins are small! Here's a PIC of some Continental Lace Bobbins (on this style, they don't use spangles as they already weigh enough).....
!Bp3wY!gBGk~$(KGrHqQH-DgEuZbC2bi0BLtPpbvlmw~~_35.JPG

Yes toni I've turned all those and plenty more besides, all the bobbins I turn are about 4 1/2 inches long and approx. 1/4 inch dia. The long neck for the thread is 1 inch long. Just a few more to look at,
bobbins.jpg

bobbins3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom