label sizing question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cpmech425

How do you guys that label cast size your labels? I have been using google docs but would like to try something else. Thanks for any help! Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I layout my labels using my iPad and and a photo editing app called art studio. Art studio allows you to resize/crop your "canvas" based on pixel sizes. I convert my measurements from inches to pixels and layout my label. Once that is done, I use Avery design pro to print. Avery Design pro allows you to size the image in inches but does not maintain the aspect ratio, that's why I do it in two steps.

gtriever

I created a spreadsheet with label and laser engraver sizes for each pen that I carry in my inventory. Length is easy; for width it's (tube diameter x pi) for labels, and (bushing diameter x pi) for engraving. When sizing for the engraver, if the bushing diameter is different on the ends of the tube I use an average. Also, in addition to molds, the nice folks at PtownSubbie sell clear acrylic label sizing templates for a bunch of different pens.

vtgaryw

Les Elm has a comprehensive PDF with just about any label size you may want. Not sure if it's in our library here, but it's in the Pen Blanks Resin Casting group files on FB.

-gary

Pjohnson

Les Elm has a comprehensive PDF with just about any label size you may want. Not sure if it's in our library here, but it's in the Pen Blanks Resin Casting group files on FB.

-gary

Is it possible to get a copy into the library for those of us who do not have FB?

Top Bottom