Label casting Questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dorno

I have been doing some label casting for awhile now but with mixed success and would appreciate any help that is offered.

The problem is after printing the label with a black background on the A4 Vinyl paper sealed it with craft sealer I then cut it out glued it. This is where I have done a couple of things different on some earlier I have coated the blank in CA and then after drying for 24hrs I then cast them.

lately I have done a little different after being told to do it like this
instead of coating in CA i have used and acrylic sealer that is used for decopauge let dry for 24 hrs and then cast and everything is ok to this stage.
BUT while turning the pen I have noticed small amounts of the black background goes blotchy (white) I have no idea what has caused this and would appreciate any help or if you have a technique that works better
(or works at all:biggrin::biggrin:) I am more than interested to hear it.

Cheers Ian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

What is vinyl paper? Why not just use regular mailing labels like several of us use? If mode Podge is one of the "sealers" you are using then that may be your problem. Could you give the exact names of the sealers you are using?
Do a god trn daily!
Don

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Ian!

Sounds like the stuff you're using is similar to what many here use
under the brand name of "Modge Podge"

You'll need to be a little more aware of humidity, since it is water based
and it needs to dry really well before casting.

ps... on vinyl you shouldn't need a sealer at all. (unless you're touching
up a seam line with an ink that needs a sealer..)

Last edited:
Top Bottom