Label Casting Designs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska. I made a couple of labels today for clear casting my second batch. I am going to get them applied to tubes yet tonight but I don't know if I will get around to getting resin poured on them until tomorrow.

The Whisky Barrels label is for a Cigar upper blank and the bottom blank will be a blank made from an actual charred oak whisky barrel.

The "Burning Bush" is for a Diamond Knurl cap and the bottom will be Shittim from the Sinai desert that I got from Griffin Exotic Woods a while back. It was from a tree that was legally harvested from an old quarry in the Sinai. According to the Christian Bible Old Testament, Shittim is the wood that was used in building the Tabernacle, the Ark, and the Table of Shewbread. Although not specifically named, Shittah is generally considered to be the tree that was the "Burning Bush" on mount Horeb where Moses received instructions from God.

I used a very old copy of Jasc Paintshop Pro and Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to put the images together. They were set to 600DPI to match the output of my printer and then I resized them to fit their brass tubes. Although they are both seamless on the horizontal plane (both the left and right edges share the same pattern), due to the slight overlap on the tube there will be a little offset on the "Burning Bush" blank. Of course the black background on the Whiskey blank should overlap without an issue.

The whole process has made me consider upgrading my software to Corel PaintShop Pro(tm) Ultimate which is on sale right now for $60. I like what I have been using, but it seems like everytime a Windows Update is forced to my computer, they run slower and slower and even loose some of their functionality. This has been especially true with the Adobe Photoshop Elements. Personally I think some of it is intentional as Adobe (as well as many other companies) have gone to a subscription based licensing scheme rather than a one-time-buy system.

Dave

PS I really like the John Underhill Vertical Casting system that I got from Ed at Exotic Blanks. It really did a great job on my previous cast considering it was my first time. I'm sure this one will turn out even better now that I have one under my belt.

Whiskey Barrel (Cigar Cap) Generic.png BurningBush Seamless Diamond Knurl Cap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom