LABEL CAST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

ok I am using the waterproof label in a sheet what do use as a template so I do not waste the sheet already lost one sheet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hooked

I am not sure I understand the question correctly, but I have cut down clear acrylic sheets to the correct size for a particular kit and used that as a template to cut out labels.

Ptownsubbie sells pre-made templates for many kits if you prefer. If you need a particular size ptownsubbie also lists dimensions for many different kits. There are videos on the site that show how they cut out labels using the templates as well.

ramaroodle

I just started label casting also. I use the Avery label software and set it for the 4x2 8163 labels. You can precisely control the size of the label to the .0001". It is also an easy editor for color changes and fonts etc. Very simple and does most of what Illustrator will do especially if you prep the image first. It then produces a PDF to print. You can also control which labels it prints so you can only print one or two and still feed the sheet through as many times as you want until it's full or like the way they look.

You can buy templates but I just used calipers and a band saw and made them myself from plexi.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 140956.png
Screenshot 2023-03-20 141209.png

Last edited:

hippi

I just started label casting also. I use the Avery label software and set it for the 4x2 8163 labels. You can precisely control the size of the label to the .0001". It is also an easy editor for color changes and fonts etc. Very simple and does most of what Illustrator will do especially if you prep the image first. It then produces a PDF to print. You can also control which labels it prints so you can only print one or two and still feed the sheet through as many times as you want until it's full or like the way they look.

You can buy templates but I just used calipers and a band saw and made them myself from plexi.

View attachment 350891View attachment 350892
I get all of this I use avrey 18163 for the template but all the wasted space

ramaroodle

I get all of this I use avrey 18163 for the template but all the wasted space
Hmm...never thought of it as wasted space but yeah, you're right. Couldn't you just cut and paste them into Word or Illustrator etc...? Ten on a page spaces them out nicely for me so I'm ok with the spacing. Can't see how you'd have room for more than 2 or 3 more unless I'm not understanding you.

Marko50

For label blanks, I use the Onlinelabels.com Maestro-Label-Designer Program. When you purchase labels from them it includes six months of free access to the program. It will automatically place your images where they need to be, or you can designate the spacing yourself. It's pretty slick. It's meant to be used with their labels, so no worries about formatting. Just type in your label part number and it will bring up the correct formatting for your specific label. There is no need to download anything to your computer either. It's all on their website. By the way, Onlinelabels.com labels are way less expensive than Avery.

Maestro Label Designer is very user friendly and intuitive, with a very short learning curve You can also easily add text to your labels. It's very easy to download your own images. I buy enough labels that I never run out of activation time to use the program. I probably have 4 to 5 years worth of subscription use available to me. ...just sayin'. It's best to purchase the 'weather-proof' matte finish labels. You can buy them here:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/materials/weatherproof-matte-inkjet-labels

Here's the link to the Maestro-label designer if you're interested in checking it out. Free activation with the purchase of any Onlinelabels.com products. You don't have to purchase massive amounts of label sheets either. Buy what you need, from 1 to 10,000. There is no minimum. Check it out here:

**Disclaimer: I don't work for them, nor am I an affiliate. I just love their products and graphics program. It makes casting tube-in blanks that much easier! ...Just want to share

-Mark

EMoloney

For label blanks, I use the Onlinelabels.com Maestro-Label-Designer Program. When you purchase labels from them it includes six months of free access to the program. It will automatically place your images where they need to be, or you can designate the spacing yourself. It's pretty slick. It's meant to be used with their labels, so no worries about formatting. Just type in your label part number and it will bring up the correct formatting for your specific label. There is no need to download anything to your computer either. It's all on their website. By the way, Onlinelabels.com labels are way less expensive than Avery.

Maestro Label Designer is very user friendly and intuitive, with a very short learning curve You can also easily add text to your labels. It's very easy to download your own images. I buy enough labels that I never run out of activation time to use the program. I probably have 4 to 5 years worth of subscription use available to me. ...just sayin'. It's best to purchase the 'weather-proof' matte finish labels. You can buy them here:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/materials/weatherproof-matte-inkjet-labels

Here's the link to the Maestro-label designer if you're interested in checking it out. Free activation with the purchase of any Onlinelabels.com products. You don't have to purchase massive amounts of label sheets either. Buy what you need, from 1 to 10,000. There is no minimum. Check it out here:

**Disclaimer: I don't work for them, nor am I an affiliate. I just love their products and graphics program. It makes casting tube-in blanks that much easier! ...Just want to share

-Mark
Hi Mark, thanks for the tip about Maestro and OnLine labels. I purchased them and did not know about software.
I have both laser and Inkjet labels, with access to both types of printers. Any recommendation on using Inkjet or Laser? I know you have to set the type of paper correctly in the setup. Thank you, Ed

EMoloney

Hi Mark, thanks for the tip about Maestro and OnLine labels. I purchased them and did not know about software.
I have both laser and Inkjet labels, with access to both types of printers. Any recommendation on using Inkjet or Laser? I know you have to set the type of paper correctly in the setup. Thank you, Ed
Note, I will be using the labels with Polyster Resin.

ramaroodle

Just saw this.....I think that max resolution of most color lasers is 600 DPI. My inkjet photo printer is 1200 DPI. Every little bit helps.

Top Bottom