Label Cast Trout

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

A customer wanted some Trout pens to celebrate 25 years of trout fishing for he and a couple of friends. I label cast a rainbow trout skin. Since many fly fishing rods are made of bamboo I put two bamboo segments on each end of the cap. Dressed them up with Jr Statesman with Rhodium and Black Titanium. C&C welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5222.jpeg
    IMG_5222.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RGVPens

Awesome work Keith!! I love the blank! I grew up trout fishing Rainbow Trout with Grandpa, dad and myself lined up along the bank of Roaring River in MO. I was probably 13 or 14 before I fished with anything but a flyrod. I have about 7 flyrods, including 2 of grandpa's bamboo 40's, and dad's (and my first rod) fiberglass late 50's, and my high tec graphite.

Let me know if you ever happen to make another blank like that. If I start casting this summer, I might ask you details on how to do that type of blank.

keithbyrd

Awesome work Keith!! I love the blank! I grew up trout fishing Rainbow Trout with Grandpa, dad and myself lined up along the bank of Roaring River in MO. I was probably 13 or 14 before I fished with anything but a flyrod. I have about 7 flyrods, including 2 of grandpa's bamboo 40's, and dad's (and my first rod) fiberglass late 50's, and my high tec graphite.

Let me know if you ever happen to make another blank like that. If I start casting this summer, I might ask you details on how to do that type of blank.
Thanks Gary! Yes I am sure I will make more - it was fun figuring it all out so I better make a few more so I don't forget!

Top Bottom