Krylon Preserve It

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

I am unable to obtain" Krylon Preserve It" now locally . I normally use Krylon to protect the decal before CA finish. I require it urgently for an order for decal pens. Overseas order will not meet my order target date. Can I use clear lacquer spray?
Thanks for suggestions

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

If your talking about waterslide decals, krylon acrylic clear coat will work. I'm not sure about spray lacquer. Most lacquers require days to cure.

DrD

Testers DullCoat is used over decals applied on model trains and others. I have used it in a pinch on other wood products with good success. It comes in both aerosol and liquid. Never used it on pens - yet, but I wouldn't hesitate.

Best wishes

ramaroodle

I am assuming you are using a color printer to make the decals and then spraying the decal before separating it from the sheet? If that is the case then I actually like "Rustoleum Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover Satin" even better than the Testors and it is available at places like Home Depot & Ace Hardware. I bought both a can of gloss and satin. The satin works the best as the decal edges are virtually invisible with it vs the gloss.

Edit - I see you are in Singapore so Home Depot probably isn't an option but the product works if you can find it.

Stephen

Thanks for all the information. I telephoned one outlet and they had stock of Krylon Preserve It although their website did not show as it was not updated.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom