Kojent in Spalted Fruitless Pear

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AWLogue

AWLogue

Hi all! Here's my most recent pen: A Kojent made with spalted fruitless pear. It was my first time using this kit, and I like it! What do you think?

Fruitless%20kojent%20capped_zpsfur63alp.jpg

Fruitless%20kojent%20uncapped_zpsaormlatg.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Very nice! That is a nice piece of wood and the hardware really sets it off. Should have kept it for the Pretty Wood contest.

Regards,
Michael

OZturner

Most Attractive Pen, Aaron.
Glorious Blank, Great Finish.
With the Very Closeup Photograph, it shows that the Body of the Pen looks a Tad under size to the Fittings, and some of the Hardware has slight blemishes. These points would not have been as noticeable, if you took the photograph not as closeup. Then I wouldn't have been able to see or notice them.
Nice effort.
Congratulations,
Brian.

AWLogue

Very nice! That is a nice piece of wood and the hardware really sets it off. Should have kept it for the Pretty Wood contest.

Regards,
Michael
Thanks! I have some more, maybe I'll submit another later on.

Most Attractive Pen, Aaron.
Glorious Blank, Great Finish.
With the Very Closeup Photograph, it shows that the Body of the Pen looks a Tad under size to the Fittings, and some of the Hardware has slight blemishes. These points would not have been as noticeable, if you took the photograph not as closeup. Then I wouldn't have been able to see or notice them.
Nice effort.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thanks!
I did notice those flaws, but I'll be fixing them. I'll build up CA where it doesn't come to the full diameter, then polish it by hand. Next time I'm using my calipers!

corgicoupe

One must take care to ignore the instructions for the Kojent supplied by Woodcrsaft. The hardware for the nib end of the barrel is larger than the back end. If you mount the blank on the wrong bushings, you will get a bad fit. Woodcraft has been informed but have not responded.

Edit... Actually, it's the gold and gunmetal rings that are different diameters. The back end see about 0.480" and the ones at the nib end are about 0.520". The instructions don't mention this, and if you are trying to match grain between body and cap and get them on the wrong ends, you will not have a good fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom