Knurl GT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gotwoodworkshop

Long time lurker, first time poster! Finished up this Antique Brass Knurl GT and walnut pen this morning! Easily one of my favorite combos!

58393fc2-12db-468e-8907-a39945ee39cc_zpskbxuaah2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Matt

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also have recently used 4-5 Knurl kits and really like them.

Your shape for the pen is not too common recently (used to be), but it is very well executed! The curves are well done. I also like walnut - not an exciting timber, just, plain, nice!!!

Welcome from the shadows - and keep posting!

jttheclockman

Nice pen. Not crazy about the shape but that is subjective.

What I keep looking at is the photo. Yes I wish it were a tad smaller. hate when I have to scroll to see a pen photo. But the reflection in whatever you set it on is intriguing in that the reflection gives a whole other image. hard to explain. But it makes it look like the pen is suspended in a cloud or something. Have never seen that effect. Trying to figure out if i like it or not and may never will. very interesting.

By the way welcome to the site. Looks like you got the hang of this pen turning stuff.

Thank you for the compliments guys and the welcomes, I really appreciate it. I haven't turned too many pens yet, this is maybe my 10th pen I've made so far, I'm definitely learning with each pen I make!

Nice pen. Not crazy about the shape but that is subjective.

What I keep looking at is the photo. Yes I wish it were a tad smaller. hate when I have to scroll to see a pen photo. But the reflection in whatever you set it on is intriguing in that the reflection gives a whole other image. hard to explain. But it makes it look like the pen is suspended in a cloud or something. Have never seen that effect. Trying to figure out if i like it or not and may never will. very interesting.

By the way welcome to the site. Looks like you got the hang of this pen turning stuff.

As far as shapes go, I just try to do something different than just the standard straight barrel it feels more "handmade" to me for some reason.

I didn't mean to upload it so big, I'll be sure to upload it smaller in the future! But yeah, this is just set on the glass desk I have at work looking outside the window. It was a cloudy day that day which made the picture come out different than it would on a sunny day and I love the contrast it gives! What I do like about it is that it definitely draws you in and you almost have to give it another look, and for selling pens that is always always a positive thing! :)

Matt

Top Bottom