Knurl GT Stylus Blue Panther

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from qquake

qquake

This is one of the new PSI Knurl GT Stylus pens in gunmetal. The blank is a Rhino called Blue Panther. Yet another beautiful Rhino blank!

Attachments

• 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

I noticed that the stylus tip is soft enough that if you press it straight against a touch screen hard enough, the refill tip will hit it. But if you use it at a slight angle, there's no problem. It works great on my Android phone, but I don't have an iPhone to try it on.

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 138
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

MTViper

Great job and a beautiful blank. Love turning Rhino. Thanks for the input on the stylus. I just ordered 3 of these. Always loved the lines on the original Knurl, still not sure about the looks of this one though.

qquake

How sturdy do the stylus tips appear to be?

Like I said the tip is rather soft. But I have no idea how long it will last. PSI has replacement tips listed for some of their other new stylus pens, hopefully they'll have them eventually for the Knurl kits.

stuckinohio

That is very nice. I think I had that blank in my shopping cart last night and took it out. Kicking myself for that! I'm anxious to try the rhino blank I did purchase.

qquake

That is very nice. I think I had that blank in my shopping cart last night and took it out. Kicking myself for that! I'm anxious to try the rhino blank I did purchase.

They can be a challenge to turn, and may require sharpening your tools several times. But well worth the effort. This one is called Emerald City.

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 142
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 140
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 131

stuckinohio

I'm lousy and impatient with sharpening, so I use strictly carbide. Hopefully it will go OK. I have some experience with brittle acrylics, so we'll see!

qquake

I'm lousy and impatient with sharpening, so I use strictly carbide. Hopefully it will go OK. I have some experience with brittle acrylics, so we'll see!

I highly recommend trimming or sanding the corners before you start turning the blank. Tends to cut down on the chipping.

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 132

qquake

Will do. I hope I can do as good as you. You do very good work (and lots of it!)

Thank you for the compliment, but I'm really not that talented. When I started turning pens, I had to figure it out as I went. I do have some successes, but I also have my share of failures. If I can do it, you can!

MTViper

Like I said the tip is rather soft. But I have no idea how long it will last. PSI has replacement tips listed for some of their other new stylus pens, hopefully they'll have them eventually for the Knurl kits.

I had the same question for the one I turned this week. Looking on PSI's site, they advertise a set of 4 replacement stylus tips for the Cigar Stylus as an accessory for this pen, too. Being like most kids (at 64 y/o), I had to see if I could find a way to replace the stylus. Sure enough, the last half inch or so of the nib unscrews and you can replace the stylus. Unfortunately, the replacements are not in stock (or are so new they haven't arrived yet). I've got them on my wishlist. I love the one I made for me.

qquake

I noticed when writing with mine, the stylus tip kind of obscures the writing tip. Took some getting used to. But like all the Knurl pens I've made, it's comfortable to hold.

Attachments

• writing.jpg
    writing.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 95
Top Bottom