Knurl GT Re Envisioned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

New Pen State catalog came today. The Knurl GT is back with a new name and a new cap. The Knurl GT was always one of my favorites. I'm glad to see this one.
E5936D5D-3FC7-4D52-8C3B-F7E63D11103A.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

I love these EDC-type pens. This one is probably one of the "curviest" of the EDCs that I've seen. Might have to pick up a few of these.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
New Pen State catalog came today. The Knurl GT is back with a new name and a new cap. The Knurl GT was always one of my favorites. I'm glad to see this one. View attachment 337350

I've made a lot of the original, and really liked them. I prefer the top finial of the original than this, but that is just my opinion. I do like the basic unit.

sorcerertd

I saw those and immediately thought about you, Ken, having seeing so many of yours in SOYP. I have to agree that I like the original domed finial cap better.

Funny thing, I bought some of the originals before they were gone and haven't made one yet. Just today I finally got a blank drilled and glued for it. When I get around to actually turning it... we shall see.

KenB259

I saw those and immediately thought about you, Ken, having seeing so many of yours in SOYP. I have to agree that I like the original domed finial cap better.

Funny thing, I bought some of the originals before they were gone and haven't made one yet. Just today I finally got a blank drilled and glued for it. When I get around to actually turning it... we shall see.
I bought a bunch of them also when they were discontinued ?l trying to get the instructions I just get a file not found error. I was just curious if they use the same bushings as the original. Since they both use a 3/8 tube, I'm assuming the bushings are the same size.

sorcerertd

I finished that today after all, posted in SOYP, though it's not really a "show off" pen. I set it next to the picture of the new ones in the PSI catalog and my wife said she liked the old one better, too. Guess I could say that about a lot of things in our world, though.

I was thinking this style would make a great technical pencil. Maybe someday.

sorcerertd

@KenB259, do you think this would be nice reimagined as a click pen? There's just something about a click pen for everyday use.

It is funny that they don't list the bushings in the description on the site or in the catalog. This is funny also regarding the bushings for the original Knurl GT

1656346076963.png

KenB259

@KenB259, do you think this would be nice reimagined as a click pen? There's just something about a click pen for everyday use.

It is funny that they don't list the bushings in the description on the site or in the catalog. This is funny also regarding the bushings for the original Knurl GT

View attachment 337460
I think it would make nice click pen, especially with a quality click mechanism.

Top Bottom