Knotty Pine Urn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Finished this one a little while ago, it has a Krylon finish and in a number of places there is some beautiful chatoyance in the wood. Unfortunately the camera does not show it.
The finished size is 9in x 5in.
The blue stain really enhances the pine. The blank came from my mate George (robutacion).:biggrin:

C&C welcome as usual. Thanks for looking.

Bob.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Bob, a true artistic piece... beautiful.... great job.

I took the liberty of saving your picture to my go-by files for my urns... I'm sitting on piece of Norfolk Island Pine that just might look great in that configuration.

robutacion

Absolutely stunning Bob, great shape and finish you done on that so inexpensive blank.

Interesting that, when I cut those Pines, they already had blue in them as the trees were dead but standing, that is always a good way for the wood to, dry and allow nature creatures to do their thing.

Has been nearly 8 years and I noticed that the bluing has continued to grow after the best sections were cut and store under cover, lots of things happening with those blanks that a large portion of them I turn the bark off and clean them a bit to show all the knots and stuff, and also to identify any that has cracked a little much, I took a few pics of that process, one has the blanks done, piled outside before they were stored under cover, again. timber preparation 1493.jpg

I call them my local and cheap Norfolk Pine knotted wood...!!!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

lorbay

Very nice Bob, does it have a screw lid on it,?? I was looking at some of the rules for our mortuaries in Canada and some of them state the vessel has to have a screw top lid on it.

Lin.

Top Bottom