Kitless pen. orange and black.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

M13x.8 triple lead threads for the cap and body. M10x1 for the section and body. The nib/feed unit is a JoWo #6 medium and requires M7.4x.5 threads inside the section. Enjoy and comments welcome.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

blck and orange.jpg black and orange 4.jpgblack and orange 3.jpgblack and orange 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice work, Don !!!!

Just out of curiosity, is there enough "meat" in the cap to turn it down in diameter to match the diameter of the lower barrel ?

Or would the barrel have needed to have been left a bit larger ? ..... (not sure about the grammar .... LOL !!)

its_virgil

Thanks Mal. The barrel measures .615 and the cap measures .665 for a difference of .050 so yes, it looks like I have plenty of room to remove .025 from the cap. Of course, the barrel could be enlarged if needed. I have considered doing that. I will give it a try. Thanks for the response.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

More4dan

Very nice pen Don! I too love the color combination! What material did you use for the front section? I see you cut a relief groove at the end of the cap threads on the body. This does make for a more pronounced step from the body to the threads. I will usually thread the full tendon and add a slight bevel on the step to the main body to smooth this transition. I will remove a small section of the cap threads so the cap snugs up flush.

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

its_virgil

Very nice pen Don! I too love the color combination! What material did you use for the front section? I see you cut a relief groove at the end of the cap threads on the body. This does make for a more pronounced step from the body to the threads. I will usually thread the full tendon and add a slight bevel on the step to the main body to smooth this transition. I will remove a small section of the cap threads so the cap snugs up flush.

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Thanks Dan. The section is acrylic acetate I think. It could be a section of black alumilite clear slow that I cast. It did not thread like alumilite so I think maybe AA. Acrylic Acetate machines nicely. I had enough of the black and orange to make the section but things did not go as planned. Luckily I had a small piece of the black. I hate to start a pen and not be able to complete it the same day. The black was a nice choice. Glad I found it. I am debating about the relief groove and whether it is really needed. I think I like to look better if it is not there.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom