Kitless FP by request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A friend asked me to make a pen from his PR casting. This is what I slapped together for him. It has a #5 Heritance nib, with Ebonite section. Aluminum bands and finial. Photos still an issue, as far as focusing in Manual mode.:redface:

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1277.JPG
    IMG_1277.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Overall I like it but am not overly fond of the straight section but understand what constraints you are up against with the Heritance feed housing.

If it were me, the only thing I would change is.... "slapped together for him" to "crafted for him" :wink:

wizard

Chuck...An absolutely gorgeous pen....very lucky recipient..
Like George mentioned...lol...what's with the "slapped together"...If that's slapped together..can't wait to see what "crafted" would look like.
Doc:)

OKLAHOMAN

Chuck, as always an excellant pen, I do see one problem with it so please don't take this as anything but constructive.

:frown:IT AINT MINE:mad:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very very cool !!!:good::good::good:
I'll be even more impressed if you tell us that it can be filled without dismantling it? It certainly looks like that with the rear black section.
Either way, still a very cool pen:wink:

Robert111

Sharp pen, Chuck. Great design! I like the bands a lot, and the long body-short cap. That George has some sharp eyes, huh? He can see that Heritance feed housing.:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Overall I like it but am not overly fond of the straight section but understand what constraints you are up against with the Heritance feed housing.

If it were me, the only thing I would change is.... "slapped together for him" to "crafted for him" :wink:
Thank you George. This was the second section for this pen.:redface: I had a good shape on it, until I started sanding, and buffing. NO WAY, was I going for a third.:rolleyes:

Chuck...An absolutely gorgeous pen....very lucky recipient..
Like George mentioned...lol...what's with the "slapped together"...If that's slapped together..can't wait to see what "crafted" would look like.
Doc:)
Doc, you're very kind.....as I eat your dust :biggrin: I'm going to need a miracle to catch back up.:biggrin:

Chuck, as always an excellant pen, I do see one problem with it so please don't take this as anything but constructive.

:frown:IT AINT MINE:mad:

Chuck, I like it! Very nice looking pen... One question, where did you get that clip? I really like the design of it!
Calm down Roy! :biggrin: I have part of yours on the lathe now :wink::biggrin:

Sharp pen, Chuck. Great design! I like the bands a lot, and the long body-short cap. That George has some sharp eyes, huh? He can see that Heritance feed housing.:biggrin:
Thank you Robert. Yes, George certainly knows his pens, and has a VERY keen eye for them.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very very cool !!!:good::good::good:
I'll be even more impressed if you tell us that it can be filled without dismantling it? It certainly looks like that with the rear black section.
Either way, still a very cool pen:wink:
Thank you Steven. I'm sorry, I forgot to capture that feature, in the first round of photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1282.JPG
    IMG_1282.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 132

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Great looking pen Chuck!!! I really like the aluminum rings and clip that you incorporated into the pen. The blank looks pretty nice as well:biggrin:

SDB777

Slapped together......almost had coffee coming out my nose! That is really nice!

The focusing issue has more to do with the f/top the camera is set at, and the distance from the lense to the subject being photo'd. Try setting the camera aperature(f/stop) to somewhere around f/16(or even higher f/32), and then moving the tripod/camera back some. You can always crop the photo later.

Scott (slapped what.....) B

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great looking pen Chuck!!! I really like the aluminum rings and clip that you incorporated into the pen. The blank looks pretty nice as well:biggrin:
Thanks Ernie, I hope you will like the pen. You did a nice job on the PR. The colors are really nice. And, I appreciate the trade. :wink::biggrin:

Slapped together......almost had coffee coming out my nose! That is really nice!

The focusing issue has more to do with the f/top the camera is set at, and the distance from the lense to the subject being photo'd. Try setting the camera aperature(f/stop) to somewhere around f/16(or even higher f/32), and then moving the tripod/camera back some. You can always crop the photo later.

Scott (slapped what.....) B
Thanks Scott! I'll have to refer to my Advanced Manual, and see if I can adjust that f/stop feature. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom