Kitless Contest - 2015 Summer Extravaganza

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Hey if you needed another reason to jump up and make a pen to submit I have another one for you!

For those of you keeping score of the reasons to enter the kitless contest, If I add this one to all the others it adds to.....let me see here........carry the two........subtract the seven......divide by three......and we end up with... Yep that's what I thought. That makes for 1 reason to enter the kitless contest!:biggrin::tongue:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Hi Brian - Speaking of "lefts. You aren't going to let yourself be left out of this competition are you? I'm looking forward to your entry.

Ed

Hi Ed,

I hope not. I had an unscheduled diversion into a kitless kitchen remodel project that I didn't know we were doing. Now that it's done, I overheard 50% of the household state that there isn't anything on the honey-do list. I'm frightened; I didn't know that was possible. It's not easy to go to the basement shop when it's a perfect 80 °F and low humidity.

I butchered a commercial pen for the click mechanism. Now I'm figuring out what to do next.

Brian

Brian G

I'm self-proving that I'm outkicking my coverage. :redface: Edit: and that's not meant as a positive.

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

Here's a thought Brian. Enter whatever you have, no matter how good or bad. If good, then you have achance of winning one of the top 3 prizes. If bad you still have a really good chance of winning the recently added consolation prize. (funny how the math is working out on this right now....it's almost easier to win a prize as a loser than as a winner....go figure).

Whatever you do, don't throw away all the failures. It's fun to go back over them from time to time. I have a huge 5 gallon bucket full of shattered dreams that I paw through from time to time. Every so often I even come up with an idea to salvage something out of the bucket.

Ed

Brian G

I'm not throwing in the towel, no sir! I'm not doing this for prizes, though they are a nice bonus.

This is frustratingly fun, and I'm betting that I'll slide in just under the deadline.

Brian G

I had a spectacular blow up tonight. It's not looking good, but I press on. I think I've done each part twice, and by the time I'm done I'll equal Ed's 5 gallon bucket. :eek:

Ed McDonnell

I think this is going to be the most popular contest in the Summer Extravaganza this year. I just checked the mailbox I set up for kitless contest entries and there are 473 emails in there. WOW! Who knew there were that many kitless pen makers out there!!!

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Ooops! Never mind. 468 of the 473 messages were just emails Derek forwarded to me from various Nigerian Government Officials looking for help getting trillions of dollars out of their country. Of course, that still leaves a few emails with very nice entries and plenty of room in the contest for new entries.

Time may be short, but there's still enough left to make something. Give it a try.

Ed

D.Oliver

img1.png

That's right. I threw it.

Ed McDonnell

Just in the nick of time Brian. Glad you made it (both the pen and the deadline).

Contest Entry is now closed. Stand by for the voting.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Well I guess the lightweights are turning in for the night. Over at the Slimline Unlimited and the Contest for the Turning Challenged though, they are keeping the party rolling for a couple more hours! WOOT WOOT!

Ha!!! Easy for you to say since you are in Mountain Time and two hours behind (not that time is the only thing South Dakota is behind in...) And speaking of Mountain Time...How did South Dakota make it into Mountain Time when you only have hills? Don't the states with real mountain make fun of you? :biggrin:

Ed

Top Bottom