Kitless Clickers in Carbon Fiber (my 1st & 2nd)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from More4dan

More4dan

These were my first tries at kitless clickers. The body is made from carbon fiber tubes, 10mm OD by 9mm ID. The click mechanism is Schmidt's SKM 88 and the clip is from a PSI Seam Ripper kit. It's designed to use the Pilot G2 gel rollerball refill.

The biggest challenge was working out the front nib section. The purple tip was done first using a spring I got from Milan Pens. The spring sits on the front of the refill pushing the hole further into the tip. This limits the taper of the tip leaving an odd profile I wasn't crazy about. For the next pen with a 304SS nib, I used a spring from a Pilot G2 pen. It's larger diameter sits further back on the refill allowing the the tip to have a narrower taper that looks more like a normal pen.

Question, comments, and critiques are welcome.

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work, Danny !!!

Were there many trials to get the length of the barrel right, or were you able to calculate it fairly accurately from the start ?

More4dan

Thank Mal, the barrel was close and the length of the click mechanism is adjustable by grinding the length of the pin that pushes against the refill.

There were "many" tips made and discarded as I finally came up with a method to control the depth of drilling.

Danny

More4dan

Thanks all for the comments, I too like the metal tipped version. I do have some titanium that just arrived that I may try. I could also make a matching titanium clip. For color I can anodize them the same.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom