Kitchen table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ZanderPommo

ZanderPommo

I needed a new kitchen table and wanted a picnic style table to keep my kids from dragging chairs all around the house. 😂

It's just some pine 2x4s and 2x6s, some stain, screws, carriage bolts and polyurethane.

It came out exactly as I'd hoped, sort of a country style, rough finished, family table.
8687E50D-D32E-43A6-8300-DEAEA8DDED60.jpeg

Attachments

• EA618679-97DE-476A-B969-B52F0BDA3856.jpeg
    EA618679-97DE-476A-B969-B52F0BDA3856.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 122
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

Nice table for the family. Sturdy to stand up to the wear & tear kids can wreak on furniture. Nice looking as well!

We made the mistake years ago of getting a kitchen table with 6 caned-back chairs. My daughters were 3 & 5 years old. By the time they were 10 & 12, the chairs needed to be re-caned because every chair was badly beaten up and the caning torn. On the upside, I learned how to re-cane chairs. My daughters are now 31 & 33. Time flies.

TDahl

Great looking family photo. Looks like a table the will host many gatherings and make many memories. Thanks for sharing.

ZanderPommo

Have an extra setting
My goodness, ham, turkey, chicken
and all the fixings
Thank you, it was actually a duck 😂
This was our first thanksgiving together after their mother and I divorced. I don't have family in this state and we only had one other guest, a work friend who's wife was out of state visiting family while he stayed back to work. Cooking all of that was the only thing I could think to do to make it actually feel like thanksgiving with just us. Luckily they were young enough that it seemed to work.

ZanderPommo

Nice table for the family. Sturdy to stand up to the wear & tear kids can wreak on furniture. Nice looking as well!

We made the mistake years ago of getting a kitchen table with 6 caned-back chairs. My daughters were 3 & 5 years old. By the time they were 10 & 12, the chairs needed to be re-caned because every chair was badly beaten up and the caning torn. On the upside, I learned how to re-cane chairs. My daughters are now 31 & 33. Time flies.
Yes that's essentially what I was trying to avoid, that on top of the fact that they once pushed a chair up to reach the scissors in the top cabinet and the oldest gave the youngest a trim at about 4 in the morning… 🤦🏼‍♂️
This was in 2021, they're now 4 & 6. Time is already flying and I wish it wouldn't.

Woodchipper

Chair caning is an art and craft. My complements on taking time to learn and cane the chairs.
BTW, time does fly and gets faster as you get older. My kids are 45 and 41.

Growing up our kitchen table and my grandmothers had only 2 chairs, one for mom and one for dad, and at grandmother's one for her and one for granddad... kids all sat on a bench down one side of the table.
In my father's family, he was one of 10 and I think they all sat on benches too.... Grandpa Ellis died when I was under 4, so don't remember a lot about their house as Grandma Ellis moved to town shortly after he died. We did live in their house for a short while just before I started school and we definitely had the benches in the kitchen for the 3 of us, me and my 2 sisters.

ZanderPommo

Growing up our kitchen table and my grandmothers had only 2 chairs, one for mom and one for dad, and at grandmother's one for her and one for granddad... kids all sat on a bench down one side of the table.
In my father's family, he was one of 10 and I think they all sat on benches too.... Grandpa Ellis died when I was under 4, so don't remember a lot about their house as Grandma Ellis moved to town shortly after he died. We did live in their house for a short while just before I started school and we definitely had the benches in the kitchen for the 3 of us, me and my 2 sisters.
My grandparents had a bench for the kids as well

Woodchipper

My son has five kids. The table has four chairs and a bench. Hard for us oldtimers to get on and off the bench. My wife and I rush to get a chair, leaving the bench for the youngsters.

Top Bottom