Kit for Logo Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tv68

I've been asked to make a pen with a company logo blank. However, the background of the logo I've been given is white and I'm a bit concerned the pen will look bland since the only color on the blank will be from the actual logo. Graphic design isn't my thing, so I'd prefer not to modify the provided logo.

Could using a kit (I was thinking of using a more modern kit, probably Zen or MP208) with a darker color like gunmetal offset all the white? Or is there another way to solve this I may be missing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

How will you print the logo, on which media? The most typical I know is to use water slide decal paper and in that case, the white parts of the logo will be transparent in the print, thus the blank color will replace the white. Unless you have a printer that can print in white, but very few printers can do that.

tv68

How long will the blank be? Do you have a photo of it?

I don't actually have the logo yet, but I remember it being pretty basic with black and light green for the lettering.

If my notes are correct the MP208 blank is fairly long, around 2.275".

tv68

How will you print the logo, on which media? The most typical I know is to use water slide decal paper and in that case, the white parts of the logo will be transparent in the print, thus the blank color will replace the white. Unless you have a printer that can print in white, but very few printers can do that.

Yep, it will be printed on a waterproof decal paper. As far as I know the white wouldn't actually be printed.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Depending on the shape of the logo, you could print it on white water slide paper and carefully trim it to shape before applying to the blank.

Top Bottom