Kirinite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

started using kirinite lately and like the look and results. I use wet micro mesh down to 12000 grit. I finish using EEE paste on paper towel. I know that product is marketed for wood but I find it improves acrylics as well. Has anyone here used Alumilite blanks ? I'm wanting to try them but I'd like feedback first. Thanks

Attachments

• C74455F8-CCD7-49EB-A02B-7B68B2985A4E.jpeg
    C74455F8-CCD7-49EB-A02B-7B68B2985A4E.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 119
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

I think most of the folks here have worked with Alumilite - both casting and turning. I use Alumilite Clear Slow to cast blanks. I really like the way it turns. It polishes well, although some would recommend a couple coats of CA to really get a hard glassy finish.

It does not give off odors like some acrylics, which is a show stopper with my wife's sensitivity to fumes.

BULLWINKLE

I think most of the folks here have worked with Alumilite - both casting and turning. I use Alumilite Clear Slow to cast blanks. I really like the way it turns. It polishes well, although some would recommend a couple coats of CA to really get a hard glassy finish.

It does not give off odors like some acrylics, which is a show stopper with my wife's sensitivity to fumes.
Thanks for the information. I never casted blanks. I buy them. Ali minute is pricey so I appreciate the input. I will buy a few to try. Thanks again

sorcerertd

I agree with what Kevin said. All of it, even my wife's sensitivity to fumes.

My experience with Alumilite is about It equal to my experience with the other "platics". It does not take or hold a finish as well as some other "plastics", so I do use CA on it.

Penchant 4

started using kirinite lately and like the look and results. I use wet micro mesh down to 12000 grit. I finish using EEE paste on paper towel. I know that product is marketed for wood but I find it improves acrylics as well. Has anyone here used Alumilite blanks ? I'm wanting to try them but I'd like feedback first. Thanks
Tripoli (EEE) is used in the jeweler's trade during various stages of polishing precious metals. So, as you have discovered, it works well on non-porous materials.

Top Bottom