Kirinite Kitless Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rixstix

rixstix

Well, it took 2 (similar) blanks but I am really liking Kirinite. Turns easy. Threads easy. These colors took me way out of my comfort zone. I tend to stay with relatively neutral color schemes and depend upon my in-house color expert to prevent me from mixing blanks/colors which don't belong together. :)

Kitless Rollerball. Refill is a Pilot V5-RT. Pilot V7-RT, Pilot G2 or Schmidt 5888 will fit.

Rollerball section tips are pretty fragile in resin without adding a metal tip and difficult to get as thin as I would like.

Brass accent rings at the finials on each end. We found our jewelers punch which makes a world of difference.

I am pleased with my progress adding elements to my kitless journey.

Comments, Critique and suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated.

TequilaSunriseOpenRB.jpg
TequilaSunriseClosedRB.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I like it. I like the bright, happy summer colors. I also like the Pilot precise refills. The Pentel Energel is pretty much the same, too.

Not to be critical, but it looks like there are only a couple bands of thread on there. Does the cap seem secure like that?

rixstix

I like it. I like the bright, happy summer colors. I also like the Pilot precise refills. The Pentel Energel is pretty much the same, too.

Not to be critical, but it looks like there are only a couple bands of thread on there. Does the cap seem secure like that?
TNX & no problem. Yes, 2 turns & feels secure to me but I'm up for any ideas. There's plenty room to add a turn on the body... it's a bit squeaky right now. M12x0.75 single start.

I think there's enough section blank remaining for a fiber tip alternative.

Last edited:

Kcimdrib

Well, it took 2 (similar) blanks but I am really liking Kirinite. Turns easy. Threads easy. These colors took me way out of my comfort zone. I tend to stay with relatively neutral color schemes and depend upon my in-house color expert to prevent me from mixing blanks/colors which don't belong together. :)

Kitless Rollerball. Refill is a Pilot V5-RT. Pilot V7-RT, Pilot G2 or Schmidt 5888 will fit.

Rollerball section tips are pretty fragile in resin without adding a metal tip and difficult to get as thin as I would like.

Brass accent rings at the finials on each end. We found our jewelers punch which makes a world of difference.

I am pleased with my progress adding elements to my kitless journey.

Comments, Critique and suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated.

View attachment 350708View attachment 350709

Top Bottom