kingwood fountain pen - not a kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Kingwood - not stabilized - Craft Coat finish
Cap Threads - M14x.8 TL. Section Threads - M10x1
Cap Dia - .670 in (17.04 mm). Body Diameter - .609 in (15.61 mm)
Body Length no section - 3.93 in (99.8 mm)
Cap Length - 2.72 in (69mm)
Section Length (exposed) - 1.07 in.
Section dia (smallest) - .420 in
JoWo #6
Both cap and barrel are sleeved with Acrylic Acetate
kingwood1.jpgkingwood4.jpgkingwood5.jpgkingwood6.jpgkingwood7.jpg
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Very nice Virgil. How do you like the craft coat? How many coats did you put on?
Third time I've used it and I like it more each time. I applied 5 coats and 5 more the next day. Polished with Dr. Kirk's Micro Magic polishing wax from CSUSA the buffed. Watch read video at exoticblanks.com . There may be others.

Pierre---

Very cute and well made Don, congrats!
Do you first thread the AA, then turn it, drill the wood, glue everything together and turn it, or any other process?
Would you share the AA ODs? Not much is left for wood...

its_virgil

Very cute and well made Don, congrats!
Do you first thread the AA, then turn it, drill the wood, glue everything together and turn it?
Would you share the AA ODs? Not much is left for wood...
Pierre,
Thanks for your nice comments. I will try to answer your questios.

Your steps above are exactly how I make them. The M14x.8 cap threads seemed to be a bit of a challenge. After drilling and threading the AA I turn it down as small as I can and not get into the internal threads. I'm not much on doing calculations first. i just turn until I get close to where I want to be then I hone in on a drill bit size. This pen's cap sleeve measured about .580" or about 14.77mm. the drill bit I used was 14.5mm but actually measured a little less. Sorry, I did not measure the barrel threads, I made the barrel about a month ago and I can't remember the diameters. But, you can use the numbers above and come up with something close. I can give you the drill bit sizes if you would like.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom